Site's First Video -Thanks to Steve D

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve D said:
I have received a copy of a video made by Robert Vaughn for Fine Woodworking that is the best thing I've ever seen for setting up jointer and planer knives. It is fairly long, I'll have to look at the file size, but I think it would be a great resource for members. I have contacted Bob Vaughn directly and he has given me permission to freely distribute it to site members.

We have created a new Photo Gallery Public Albums->Videos, and the video is there. Since we don't have streaming video capabilities, YET. Your only option is download the file and it is a big file, almost 700 MB.

I want to thank Steve D for arranging this:eusa_clap

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
SteveD, thanks for sharing and Steve Coles, thanks for setting up the new gallery. With my s-l-o-w connection, I will be too old to use it by the time I get it downloaded:eusa_booh !
Keep up the great work,
Randy

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
The video is still downloadable, but look at its display and then click it. Let me know how its works

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Steve,

I was in the chat room at lunch today and some people were having a difficult time determining how to launch the download.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Thanks a bunch to SteveD and SteveC for the video!!!!!!!!!!!!

It works fine here on my machine. Actually the video runs better than the Woodworking Channel site. No hiccups or hesitations in the view at all. (Didn't even have to download the file to my desktop to run it! - I have Time Warner RR cable.

Thanks again SteveD for sharing and SteveC for setting it up!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

(Even though I haven't been able to buy a jointer just yet; at least I can learn and prepare for it!)

Wayne

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve D said:
Steve,

I was in the chat room at lunch today and some people were having a difficult time determining how to launch the download.
That was before I made the change. look now

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
If you don't want to kill your bandwidth, you could also consider uploading the file for www.transferbigfiles.com and then posting the link for everyone to download. It's a free service. The only drawback is the link isn't good forever, but then again it's free!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
gotojeremy said:
If you don't want to kill your bandwidth, you could also consider uploading the file for www.transferbigfiles.com and then posting the link for everyone to download. It's a free service. The only drawback is the link isn't good forever, but then again it's free!

Thanks.:eusa_danc I trying to get of measurement of how much band width it is actually going to use. If does turnout to be too much , I will consider other alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS