Simple project but loads of personal satisfaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice looking banks, Stuart. What kind of wood is that? Did you use stain?

Great looking grandkids! Cherish the time you have with them.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Those are nice. You might be broke but I'll bet you are happy:eusa_danc:eusa_clap

cskipper

Cathy
Great looking projects. You not only got to teach them the value of saving money, but the value of saving your money!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice banks, Stuart!!!:wsmile::wsmile:

Nothing better than enjoying a project like this both during construction, as well as long after completion!

I am sure that the wee ones will treasure these for a very, very long time!:thumbs_up

Well done and very classy looking, indeed!

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Where did you get your PO box doors from???? I have been eying something like this for a while. My daughter would love it. She has just realized that money has value and isn't just a shiny toy.

Dave:)

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Dave, I bought them on ebay from a guy in GA. who was a pleasure to work with. I bought them on a Friday night, paid with paypal and they were in my mailbox on Monday. There are a lot of doors on ebay but I would buy directly from this guy again. He has them as "Buy Now" for $14.99.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-1958-CO...goryZ886QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This was my 200th post. It only took me 2 ys and 4 months. You'd better look out Dave, I'm gaining on you and may just blow past you in a blur. :):):)

sawduster

New User
Robert
Simple for you maybe :gar-La;........man I gotta start learning how to build stuff :BangHead:

Very kewl project .....nice work :icon_thum

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Thanks for this post!!!
I have some of these PO doors and I forgot I even had them.
I LOVE it - I'm getting started on Christmas and its JUNE!!!!!!!!!

jimwill48

James
I've seen the PO doors and entire units at flea markets as of late. There was one unit set of 16 (thats door, keys and metal box housing) for $35.00 at the Web Road Flea Market off 85 near China Grove.......jw

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Stuart:

I really like the pic with the grand kids!

Sawduster: You and I need to get together and build you a drill press table. Bring the plans by and we'll get on it. That should get you started.

Doug

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dave, I bought them on ebay from a guy in GA. who was a pleasure to work with. I bought them on a Friday night, paid with paypal and they were in my mailbox on Monday. There are a lot of doors on ebay but I would buy directly from this guy again. He has them as "Buy Now" for $14.99.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-1958-CO...goryZ886QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This was my 200th post. It only took me 2 ys and 4 months. You'd better look out Dave, I'm gaining on you and may just blow past you in a blur. :):):)

Thanks George, I feel like I've heard about that somewhere else :wwink::icon_thum

Dan:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS