"Simple Living" Festival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed D

New User
Ed
As a recent transplant from Florida, I don't know much about this festival, but it looks to be worth a heads up. It is scheduled for Saturday, May 1st, 10AM - 6PM at Dan Nicholas Park near Salisbury. The advertisement promises blacksmithing, woodworking, gunsmithing knife making, guitar making, wood carving, basketweaving, dulcimer making and other demonstrations, along with music, nature programs. www.DanNicholas.net. My wife and I plan on spending some time there.

Ed

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Thanks for sharing Ed. While I won't be able to attend, it sure looks like a great festival. Please post some photos and I hope some other folks can make it. :icon_thum

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
OH MAN!!

I wish I could go, I'll be working on looms for my daughter's college. No way I can get out of it.

That is right up my alley. I have been wanting to have a festival like that at my place for years.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Ed,

That sounds like a fun day. Please do let us know about the event. Is this a regular thing? maybe yearly? I can't go this year, but would like to know about future events.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Ad says Third Annual so a good chance it will be next year.

Great Music, Old Time Crafts, Nature Programming, Conservation Organizations, Smokey the Bear, Eco friendly autos on display. Food by Union VFD. 10am-6pm. call 704 216-7833 or 704 216-7819 for more details.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Carol and I will be going. Look out for us! I'll be the old guy with the good looking wife and the funny looking dog :wink_smil

pete

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
We went. It was pretty small. There were are couple of blacksmiths and a Guy named Steve Marting who had a spring pole lathe. Not sure if he is on the forum or not. Super nice guy. Gave me a lot of pointers on making hand hewn(sp) Bowls. Something that I want to try my hand at.

I would probably go again next year. The park is worth going to. It's beautiful up there and the Union FD made a mean Hot Dog. :p

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
We went. It was pretty small. There were are couple of blacksmiths and a Guy named Steve Marting who had a spring pole lathe. Not sure if he is on the forum or not. Super nice guy. Gave me a lot of pointers on making hand hewn(sp) Bowls. Something that I want to try my hand at.

I would probably go again next year. The park is worth going to. It's beautiful up there and the Union FD made a mean Hot Dog. :p

That was probably Steve Martin. He is a member here and lives in Salisbury. He is normally online at the wee hours in the morning. And you are right, a super nice guy.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
That was probably Steve Martin. He is a member here and lives in Salisbury. He is normally online at the wee hours in the morning. And you are right, a super nice guy.

Yes that's the name I missed typed it. Great guy. Steve if you are seeing this thanks for taking the time to tell me how to handle the bowl. I could have spent several more house talking but the wife was getting hungry.

I meant to ask if he was a member here.

I got to use his spring pole lathe. Talk about a different kind of turning. :)

Ed D

New User
Ed
My wife and I went also, and I enjoyed meeting Steve Martin; he does some beautiful work. Kevin is right, it was small, but the setting made for a very enjoyable afternoon. I'll do it again next year.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS