Side table project almost complete

EricS

Eric
Senior User
D8247AFA-4E59-4F93-AEFE-DF91927C1D76.jpeg

QSWO from a tree that fell 3 years ago. It’s been air drying in a stack outside the shop since i cut up up a few months after it fell. I made these to somewhat match the coffee table I made from the same tree about a year ago. I will fume with ammonia and finish with shellac and a coat of wax to finish it off. I love a satin finish.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Should make a nice how-to posting for the Resource forum. Please consider a write-up.

EricS

Eric
Senior User
Should make a nice how-to posting for the Resource forum. Please consider a write-up.
Great Idea! I will document with pictures and process. The color is pure reaction between the tannins in the wood and the ammonia.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Very nice Eric. My only critique is with the staked tenon, I believe would look better if it was an arc instead of angle. I think it would better match the arc you have in the aprons.

Last edited:

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Artistic juxtaposition then! I have no idea what I just wrote!

llucas

luke
Senior User
Eric, that is one very nice table...some of the best white oak i've seen. I especially like the Q/S grain matching all around. Great job.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Beautiful table and super looking white oak! Hope to see a pic when you have completed your finish schedule.

Wayne

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS