Shop Set Up & Organization

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
So you might remember the thread I started a while back about moving a shop.

Well we got everything moved in over the New Year break and since the house is settled in, now it's time for my shop.

I've never had to deal with block walls, so this is taking a little getting used to. I think I'll be able to manage though.

My previous shop space was half of the lower level of a split level home. I might have had 300 sq. ft.

Now I have room for an out feed table on my table saw and man is it nice having that extra support!

DSC02021.JPG

And I started on getting the shop kind of organized. Thanks to Jeremy (WoodWrangler) I have a really nice (despite what you say) cabinet and the orange clamps.

DSC02020.JPG

DSC02030.JPG

Now did I mention my new shop is a detached 3 bay garage with 1200 square feet under roof? I've got so much space I get lost out there.

DSC02018.JPG

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Very, Very nice!:icon_thum:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Well it appears that your well on your way to filling that "vacuum" as nature and man/woman truly abhor!:tool:

I smell a whole lotta fresh metal gloats coming downstream!

Congrats.

Matt

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Phillip, I am quite jealous! Great setup! Congratulations!

Now that house not far from here, out Robinson Church is still up for sale. It looks like it's got a shop just a big w/ a 2nd floor on it :gar-Bi

I am very fortunate to have the space, now if I can just get the tool budget to match the shop space I'll be doing great. :gar-La;

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
1200sq.ft. - wow! I definitely have shop envy. And don't worry about getting lost in there, you'll fill it up soon enough. Nice job on the outfeed table, much much safer not having stuff fall off. But you do need to start thinking about color-coordinating those clamps.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
But you do need to start thinking about color-coordinating those clamps.

I'm on the color variety plan right now. Everything in my shop is a different color. Color coordinating everything takes too much thought.:rotflm:

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Phillip - OUTSTANDING! Building the shop is as fun as using the shop, so you should have lots of great hours ahead of you.

Scott

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
NO!! I'm glad you reminded me! I gave it to Erin Christmas morning, into a box it went Christmas night. After we moved I totally forgot to snap a pic. I'll try to get one decent enough to do it justice soon.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
But where are you going to park the cars :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:
You can't have enough clamps, routers or shop space, now get onto those clamps and routers :icon_thum

Dave:)

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
But where are you going to park the cars :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Fortunately the garage is about 300 feet behind the house. So I don't have to worry about cars wanting to park in there :eusa_danc

You can't have enough clamps, routers or shop space, now get onto those clamps and routers :icon_thum

I'm working on that...but clamps get expensive, so I'm trying to buy them as I need them. As far as routers go, I'm waiting until I can build a router table before I grab another ;-)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
A home away from HOME, that's a fur sure!!!!

That is going to be an awesome setup, once you are "established". What a getaway!!!!!

I am sure there are lots of envious folks here looking at you expand.:gar-Bi:gar-Bi

Have fun and stay safe in the new surroundings!

Wayne

SteveCogs

New User
Steve
That is a excellent space. Hope you can fill it up sooner than later. If you are like me you are thinking of the next toy as soon as the last is had.

MikeH

New User
Mike
I was at Phillip's shop yesterday and I was in AWE! It such an awesome space and I hope to help organize and help use it this coming year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS