shop apron

Status
Not open for further replies.

thsb

New User
Tim
My family has always celebrated the feast of St. Nicholas on December 6th and give each other little presents.

anyway, this morning St. Nicholas brought me a shop apron (Bucket Boss). I never thought about getting one for myself but wore it around the shop today and it is kind of nice not having to look around for pencils or measuring tape (at least until I didn't bother to put them back in the apron)....

Do other folks use them? if so, mostly for convenience or clothing protection?

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
I wear one now mostly to stay clean from working on the lathe but it does work great with the table saw also. I kind of wish I learned to wear one years ago.

Red

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
Yep, an apron is a tool that is often overlooked. I use a long denim, but I've been thinking of trying on of the shorter pocket aprons from Duluth trading.

NCJim

Jim
User
I got a denim apron from HF for $4 and my wife did her magic. Shortened it, made the neck strap adjustable, added a few extra pockets, and monogramed our club logo and my name on it.

Of course these extra’s cost me only $600 for a new dishwasher….anyone else want one??LOL

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
I have a long denim apron that was issued when I worked at Sears warehouse in Greensboro in 1968 (college days)!! It is still going strong after almost 50 years. The only thing I would add would be flaps to cover the pockets. They fill up with chips and sawdust when working at the lathe or table saw. I highly recommend one for both convenience and to protect your clothes.

Barron

New User
Barron
I wear one of leather from Highland Woodworking that I like, although the top pockets are open, which isn't best when using the lathe, but for everything else it's great.

DanR

New User
Dan
I got a denim apron from HF for $4 and my wife did her magic. Shortened it, made the neck strap adjustable, added a few extra pockets, and monogramed our club logo and my name on it.

Of course these extra’s cost me only $600 for a new dishwasher….anyone else want one??LOL

Yup. Made the mistake of telling my wife I saved $1,000 by restoring an old Unisaw instead of buying a cabinet saw. All I heard was burning rubber as she drove to the mall.

John Harris

New User
John
I've been wanting to get a shop apron that I can use for wood working and the occasional metal grinding. I've burnt a few holes in my pants from the grinder. I assume a leather one would be best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS