Sheet Goods 'Cut Layout'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kzot

New User
Zot
I might be dreaming but there's got to be some free software out there that lets me view a 4' x 8' sheet and lay out the best cuts for the project I'm building. I use Sketchup and their plugin 'Cutlist' but I'd like to be able to figure the best cuts a sheet.

I can develop my own system but why re-invent the wheel?

Thanks ahead of time for all of your help,
Kzot

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
CutListPlus is available for free but it only allows for a few items to be entered for a cutlist. If you active (pay for it) it then the full features are available.

I have been using it for a few years. When I updated to the full featured version it was a lot cheaper than the full featured version is now. It works really well for me.

M

McRabbet

Go to www.cutlistplus.com and download their trial version. You can probably get your sheet layout down with the simple addition of some plywood to the Raw Material List and then create your dimensioned parts. I have the Gold Version and it is an excellent program. I use it for optimizing all of my stock cutting, both plywood and dimensioned hardwood lumber for cabinet projects.

gdoebs

New User
Geoff
I've used both Cut List Plus and the Cut List 4.0 plugin in Sketchup. I like them both but Cut List Plus won't work on my Mac. I like the Cut List plugin for Sketchup since it's free and I do everything in Sketchup. The plugin does have the ability to output a file of components to import into Cut List Plus. The best part about the plugin is having access to the guy who wrote it. You can always make suggestions for him to put in the next version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors