Sharpen or New General Purpose 10 inch Table Saw Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdorsch

Zach
Corporate Member
Just an update.

I ordered and finally used the Delta blade—it’s great. I ripped some 2x SYP and 2x cherry and ended up with a smooth cut line on both. I can’t speak to the cross cutting quality yet, but so far it’s been a great blade for ripping!

Yhakks all!

Jeff

New User
Jeff
It may simply be a sharp blade vs your old TS blade (i.e., dull Freud Diablo vs new Delta).

Your Diablo link is also a thin kerf blade (3/32") vs a full kerf 1/8" (4/32").

Just an update.

I ordered and finally used the Delta blade—it’s great. I ripped some 2x SYP and 2x cherry and ended up with a smooth cut line on both. I can’t speak to the cross cutting quality yet, but so far it’s been a great blade for ripping!

Yhakks all!

Last edited:

zdorsch

Zach
Corporate Member
Jeff, I'm not sure, but are you inferring the Delta is not a good blade?

I'm also comparing this to a frued "glue line" (full kerf) blade--I've also been satisfied with my freud blades. I plan on replacing my thin kerf blades with full kerf blades since upgrading from a contractor saw.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
INMHO, Freud is da bestest of the bestest for the price, i have only been using them for over 20 yrs and do not have a complaint yet. I do not use combo blades, they do a little of everything but none good. dedicated blades soooooooooo much gooder

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I'm not inferring anything and your new Delta blade works fine for you.

You began with your Freud combination blade and the new Delta blade is a combination blade too. Now you're comparing it to a Freud full kerf glue line rip blade. Apples and oranges so I'm confused again, but there isn't much difference in the prices for any of them.

Jeff, I'm not sure, but are you inferring the Delta is not a good blade?

I'm also comparing this to a frued "glue line" (full kerf) blade--I've also been satisfied with my freud blades. I plan on replacing my thin kerf blades with full kerf blades since upgrading from a contractor saw.

zdorsch

Zach
Corporate Member
I apologize for any confusion. My update post from today was commenting on a new blade not a comparison. You’ll note there was no mention of the freud blade in my update post. I find it helpful to include follow up to 1) let folks know I found their response useful and made a decision based on helpful advice and 2) for folks searching for similar information to be aware of user experience.

While the freud and delta blades are defined differently functionally, I believe my second post with comparison is pertinent given the glue line is a rip blade and I shared my experience ripping pieces of wood and note similar quality of cut with the combo delta blade. Incidentally the comparison was only included to address my incorrect interpretation of your post.

I'm not inferring anything and your new Delta blade works fine for you.

You began with your Freud combination blade and the new Delta blade is a combination blade too. Now you're comparing it to a Freud full kerf glue line rip blade. Apples and oranges so I'm confused again, but there isn't much difference in the prices for any of them.

Last edited:

zdorsch

Zach
Corporate Member
Jack,

Have you bought any Freud blades recently? Rick mentioned recent quality issues with Freud. As I mentioned before Ive been happy with my Freud blade purchases, but I haven’t bought a Freud saw blade in several years.

INMHO, Freud is da bestest of the bestest for the price, i have only been using them for over 20 yrs and do not have a complaint yet. I do not use combo blades, they do a little of everything but none good. dedicated blades soooooooooo much gooder

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
On the Delta 7657, I told you so. For some storage cabinets for local "Y", I use 1/4" soft maple nosing strips. Several years back, I did a test using several different blades: Forrest WWII, Delta 7657, Freud glue line, and Freud 50 tooth combo. The 50 tooth combo produced best cut, with very little burning, which surprised me. I thought for sure the WWII would lead the pack, but it came in in a tie for third place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS