Semi-new member from Apex, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
Hello. I found this forum while searching for drill press reviews over a month ago which eventually led me to the famous Delta drill press for $150 thread. I was able to buy one for $150 and pick up the 14" bandsaw for $100 so that alone has made this site extremely valuable.

Since then I have posted many questions (most of which were novice) and have always received quick solid answers and many good points of view, I have been on many construction / DIY forums over the years and nothing compares this this forum.

My woodworking story:

My wife and I have literally been shopping for bedroom furniture for 4-years and the outcome is always the same. It is either "$3500 for a bed?!" or more frequently "I would like it if the legs were different, or the side rails were a bit thinner, etc". So I sold all my photography equipment went and bought cabinet saw, 14" band saw and a drill press and here I am. I have access to a good jointer, planer and routers so I will hold off on those purchase but now I can create EXACTLY the design that my wife and I like and I can't wait to start sawing.

I am glad to be part of such a great online community!

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site David. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I definitely agree with you that there is no finer place on the net. :icon_thum Also, I understand your predicament of spending too much money on some factory built piece of furniture that's not even what you really want. I think you'll find like most of us have, that after the cost of materials and time spent making it, it really comes out to about the same price, however, making a piece that is custom fit to your needs and your designs is priceless. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
semi-welcome David! Yes, it's amazing how expensive furniture is. Not that buying your own lumber and tools and putting in the hours will be any cheaper, but it keeps you out of trouble and at least the end result is exactly what you want. Great to have you here, and yes, we like pics....

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, David!

We look forward to seeing your progress on that bedroom furniture. Its easy! Just one piece of BR furniture at a time and before you know it, you have an heirloom!

Lots of great folks here to lend an ear should you run into any perplexing problems!:icon_thum

Post often and by all means have fun!

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome David, thanks for the intro. It's always good to have another one around here.
Dave:)

eyekode

New User
Salem
Welcome David. I live in Apex as well, nice to have a WW neighbor :).
Sounds like you have a good start on the never-ending process of tool collecting!
Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors