Seeking bandsaw, Charlotte. Within 2 hours

__mifflinPaper

New User
Justin
Can't find a used one for the life of me for the past 6 weeks. Sell me yours! Hook me up, someone! 😅 Preferably 110/15/20 volt. 6-8" resaw capacity would be the goal.

Primary goal is to use for resawing, so a square table is a must + bonus points for a solid fence (happy to find my own too)

Budget up to $500. Thanks!

Last edited:

jlimey

Jeff
Corporate Member
Can't find a used one for the life of me for the past 6 weeks. Sell me yours! Hook me up, someone! 😅 Preferably 110/15/20 volt. 6-8" resaw capacity would be the goal. Budget up to $500. Thanks!
I have a Grizzly G0555 that I was going to list. I was going to ask $450 but I will take $425 if it turns out to be the older 3/4 hp. I can check on that.

Only known problem is that the table needs a shim to be a perfect 90 degrees to the blade. I haven't resawn on it so I didn't bother to do that. Over 3/4" it wasn't an issue. If we can't get that fixed, the price would need to reflect that and you would like a different saw if you want to resaw. :)

__mifflinPaper

New User
Justin
I have a Grizzly G0555 that I was going to list. I was going to ask $450 but I will take $425 if it turns out to be the older 3/4 hp. I can check on that.

Only known problem is that the table needs a shim to be a perfect 90 degrees to the blade. I haven't resawn on it so I didn't bother to do that. Over 3/4" it wasn't an issue. If we can't get that fixed, the price would need to reflect that and you would like a different saw if you want to resaw. :)
Hey thank you so much for the response! Unfortunately, my primary desire for a bandsaw is for resawing purposes :/ so looking for square table and solid fence

jlimey

Jeff
Corporate Member
Hey thank you so much for the response! Unfortunately, my primary desire for a bandsaw is for resawing purposes :/ so looking for square table and solid fence
Well, I can work on the table in a couple of weeks. It literally needs an aluminum shim placed and should be corrected. I will let you know if that works, realizing that it will probably be 2 late for you. Good luck in your search.

Last edited:

__mifflinPaper

New User
Justin
Well, I can work on the table in a couple of weeks. It literally needs an aluminum shim placed and should be corrected. I will let you know if that works, realizing that it will probably be 2 late for you. Good luck in your search
I bet I'll still be looking by then, so that is perfect. I am too new to the game to know what can and can't be fixed/adjusted, so if you think this will work, I'm in!

Last edited:

petebucy4638

Pete
Corporate Member
Can't find a used one for the life of me for the past 6 weeks. Sell me yours! Hook me up, someone! 😅 Preferably 110/15/20 volt. 6-8" resaw capacity would be the goal.

Primary goal is to use for resawing, so a square table is a must + bonus points for a solid fence (happy to find my own too)

Budget up to $500. Thanks!
It's going to be tough finding a bandsaw with a viable resaw capability for $500.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Many of the 14" bandsaws within your budget will have a 6" resaw capacity, but getting more than that will require either a larger budget, or a larger saw that needs refurbishing.

JRedding

John
Corporate Member
Keep your eyes open for a 1970’s vintage Delta/Rockwell with a 3/4 or 1 hp motor. You can get a 6” riser for them that increases resawing capacity.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
I have an older Delta 20" (220v) new leeson 3HP motor 28-640 model number, big and heavy @700 lbs, I would part with for $1k. I believe the resaw cap is 10". Im up in Lexington.

__mifflinPaper

New User
Justin
Keep your eyes open for a 1970’s vintage Delta/Rockwell with a 3/4 or 1 hp motor. You can get a 6” riser for them that increases resawing capacity.
No luck, that's what I was originally looking for
I have an older Delta 20" (220v) new leeson 3HP motor 28-640 model number, big and heavy @700 lbs, I would part with for $1k. I believe the resaw cap is 10". Im up in Lexington.
I'll buy for the $650 you paid ha!

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
If you're on Facebook, there's a 14" Delta from the late 1940s in Winston-Salem for $500 (the listing is 12 weeks old, but it may still be available). If you don't want to actively use FB, create an "anonymous" account using a throwaway email address.

__mifflinPaper

New User
Justin
If you're on Facebook, there's a 14" Delta from the late 1940s in Winston-Salem for $500 (the listing is 12 weeks old, but it may still be available). If you don't want to actively use FB, create an "anonymous" account using a throwaway email address.

oh nice. I missed that one. filters probably didn't reach out to Winston Salem. thanks!

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member

jr14

New User
JR
I'm in Greensboro. Have a Delta 14", like new. $750, includes 5 blades, magnetic fence, also shop made fence (both not shown)

Attachments

• 20231116_152515.jpg
    20231116_152515.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
  • 20231116_152829.jpg
    20231116_152829.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  • 20231116_153052.jpg
    20231116_153052.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors