Seeking Advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncledavid

New User
David
I am looking to buy a 14" or 16" Bandsaw. any advice? comments? feed back..Brand..I am considering a Rikon. I have a three wheel older Delta. thing has never cut straight with a fence. Had it for 25 years.....Thanks David

pviser

New User
paul
I bought an 18" Rikon (10-345) primarily for resawing. I have been very pleased with my purchase. It's on sale at Highland Woodworking.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I really like my 14 inch Rikon if the larger ones are as good you'll be happy.

If you are planning to get rid of the delta I may be interested. I had one 30 years ago and miss it.

llucas

luke
Senior User
+1 on the Rikon 10-345...been pretty dependable...do try to find it on sale, though.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I've had the Rikon 14" (10-325) for three years and am very satisfied w/ it. It has a 13" resaw capacity, and that's all I use it for. I kept my 14" Delta for curved work.

Whatever band saw you end up getting, make sure you get a good blade to go w/ it. The stock blades that come w/ most saws aren't worth having.

Bill

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
David,
I see this constantly on this site, people asking for machine advice but we dont know about application. No one can recommend anything until they know whats required. What type of work do you do or want to be able to do?

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Wait until you get a bigger Band Saw and use it for a while before you get rid of the smaller saw. You may find that changing blades and fiddling with the guides is a big enough pain in the rear (really in the back and knees :)) to justify a small saw w/a thin blade for curves and a bigger blade on the 18" for rough ripping and resawing. If you do get the 18" Rikon consider aftermarket Carter, Laguna, Iturra, etc blade guides. I had the original 18" Rikon and needed 4 hands to make adjustments on the OEM guides. I don't know if there has been any improvement on the latest version Someone with a new one hopefully will speak up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS