Second try at a goose call

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebarr

New User
Wayne
This is my second try at a goose call. You really don't want to see the first one.

This one turned out pretty good and I am happy for a second try. It's a CA finish that looks a little better in person than in the pictures. It is quite a bit more challenging than a pen.

I am going to take it to a friend tomorrow that says he will "tune" if for me. Since I don't Goose hunt I have no idea what it is suppose to sound like

P1010070.JPG
P1010073.JPG
P1010072.JPG

Dusty Sawyer

New User
David
Wayne,

That looks really nice.. I don't know anything about them, but it looks nice. Was it built from a plan or kit of some type? I'd like to try one sometime for a nephew who loves to hunt. Maybe it will earn me a trip out in the field with him sometime.
:eusa_pray

David

woodArtz

New User
Bob
That's nice work Wayne. Is that Cocobolo? Beautiful color and grain. Great job! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

ebarr

New User
Wayne
Yes, it's from a kit. The kit is from Hut. Yes, it's Cocobola. I love turning Cocobola, it just stinks. To do the next one I bought a 2x2x12 piece of Cocobola at Woodcraft in Greensboro, to cut to blanks from. I want to make the stopper piece slightly longer. My hunter buddy tells me this will make the call louder.

Wildwood

New User
Wildwood
Looks outstanding!

Been wanting to try one of those Hut duck call kits, for a long time.
Of course have no idea how to tune the reed! Figure would take couple attemps at turning and bunch of extra reed pack before got even one to work.

Thanks for posting!

ebarr

New User
Wayne
Wildwood,

The first one I turned was a duck call. My hunter buddy said the reed was dead on.

This one is a goose call and you adjust the reed by sliding it back and forth, not really cutting it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS