SDS Max hammer drill bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Does anybody in the Raleigh area have a large SDS MaX hammer drill bit that I may be able to borrow? I have a large Hilti hammer drill, but need to drill a hole no less than 1" diameter (and I can go up to 1-5/8") at least 18" deep.

McMaster Carr sells the bit that I need for about $150.00, but I hate to spend that much on a bit that I'll only use one time.

I've found some on e-bay for less, but figured that I'd check to see if there was one available for borrow.

Thx.

Scott

Skymaster

New User
Jack
I do believe I have an 1" sds bit. Even better if n ya need to If my bit does not fit your drill then just borrow my drill and bit I know if fits that puppy :rotflm::rotflm:
375-4442 I am right in Zebulon, very close to the light in Emit on 39
Jack

PS: sds bits are not that expensive at Lowes but my Bosch maxes out at 1"

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Jack, thanks much for your kind offer. I have a 1" SDS bit with my smaller hammer drill (Bosch Bulldog), but it's only 16" long (overall). I need one at least 22" overall length. Do you know if your bit is 22" or longer?

My larger Hilti hammer drill takes the SDS Max bit, which has about a 3/4" shank as opposed to the 3/8" shank for the normal SDS bit.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Scott, I used to "rent " bits from the rental place on Western Blvd at Powell drive. That might be the way to go. Other places that rent hammer drills most likely rent bits also. It might be cheaper to rent a drill for the day, with bits, since this is a one time deal. What did you forget to sleeve through the floor for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS