Scraps for Butcher Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

The A Train

New User
Adam
Im looking to see if any of you have some scraps I can use for a first time butcher block cutting board. My wife would like me to build a butcher block top for our center island and I would like a small scale project to get my feet wet. If anyone has some maple, walnut, cherry or the like that you can spare or know of a place near Chapel Hill/Durham let me know. Thanks!

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
I have slab of maple cut from a tree downed by hurricane Floyd. I'll have to measure it but I think it's about 3' long and about 12" wide and 2" - 3" thick. I haven't used it in 17 years that I've had it. I've thought about carving a bowl with it but so far all I've done is procrastinate.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have a bunch of Walnut Scraps you can have if you're willing to come sort through it. I'm about 1/2 hour from Pittsboro, just off 540 near 55. PM if you want the address.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
I have slab of maple cut from a tree downed by hurricane Floyd. I'll have to measure it but I think it's about 3' long and about 12" wide and 2" - 3" thick. I haven't used it in 17 years that I've had it. I've thought about carving a bowl with it but so far all I've done is procrastinate.
Heck, Id BUY that for turning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS