Sawmill on CL CLT $2,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I agree with you Kyle, scary is the word. I can't help but wonder how many "shrapnel" holes are in that tin roof above the saw, from the teeth flying off the blade when it sawed into tramp steel? eek...

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Had a neighbor in Mint Hill that got gut punched by a slab from a circle sawmill. He was hospitalized over a year before he died. They are definitely not child's play.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
my grand father ans i ran a mill like that untill he was nearly 70 years old.:cool: sawn many a BF in that old mill.:icon_thum If I had the room and thought I could make money with it I'd buy it.:widea: It isn't any more dangerous than cutting the trees down to saw or dragging them out of the woods.:nah: That mill is safer than the chainsaws are.:wink_smil They are easier to operate than a band mill IMO. the circular teeth inserts wont let the teeth fly out. they will break off when you hit metal but usually fly strait down or strait up. mostly though, they are trapped inside the log. you really have to hit something substantial to do that. nails and such just dull the teeth and you have some filing to do. found a musket once! THAT was exiting!:gar-Bi Didn't know you southern boys scared so easily!:rotflm:

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
Well I think the word might be why? The safety of mills these days help to minimize the off chance an accident may occur. I would disagree that dropping trees are more dangerous than these things. I got rid of mine due to teeth flying through the tin roof and a pole projectile being thrown at an inappropriate time.

lspooz

Larry
Corporate Member
got a cypress swamp I want to build a log cabin out of....how big a log can it handle?

Heck, that's easy.... 52" blade, just cut halfway thru the log, then flip it to cut thru the full thickness, so.....104" should be max. capacity.
:rotflm:
It's as good as sold!

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jay, that might be better answered by the seller. Contact him/her. Meanwhile, why not go over to the Who We Are Forum & tell us a little about yourself?

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Heck, that's easy.... 52" blade, just cut halfway thru the log, then flip it to cut thru the full thickness, so.....104" should be max. capacity.
:rotflm:
It's as good as sold!

I think that's 52" / 2 = 26" with a potential of 52" (good Luck) Can you take a 20" cut on your 10" table saw :nah:?

Glennbear

Glenn
I am not, nor will I ever be a sawyer but I have seen someone severely injured from a PTO drive shaft (true, he did do something unsafe) I would think that being PTO driven it just adds more moving mehanical parts that you have to watch out for. :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS