saw blade storage? let's see your ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
No bright ideas here. I store mine in the original packaging (Freud's are good for this), and hang them on the peg board. What I really want are 10" jewel cases, then build something like a CD tower for them. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find said cases.

cpw

New User
Charles
Jay,

I have a 2' x 4' piece of 1/4" pegboard mounted to the wall close to my TS with long pegs. I took some 1/2" MDF cutoffs I had around - they're about 3" x 3" or so, and drilled 1/2" holes in them to make spacers. I put a spacer then a blade, spacer, blade, etc. The spacers keep the blades from clanging into the pegboard or each other, and everything's right where I can find it, easily. If I need to dig one out I can just move the other blades to another peg temporarily.

I also bought a 7 1/4" blade storage rack at the BORG, that fits the pegboard.

For my dado stack, I built the "hanging file" box system from ShopNotes #47.

I'm on break at work right now, but I can post pics later if you need to see.

Ralrick

New User
Rick
I don't know that this totally fits what you're looking for but I built this holder for my DADO blade and it seems to work out well. I just used some scrap poplar and 1/8" plexiglass.

If they were full blades in the box, you would need to add additional dowels so the blades didn't rotate and have the teeth collide.

Attachments

• DSCN1878.jpg
    DSCN1878.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 261
  • DSCN1879.jpg
    DSCN1879.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 260

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Loads of good ideas here. My only suggestion is make something that keeps them covered / closed in so you can keep debris, moisture, everything else, from mingling amongst the blades.

Ray

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
For a few blades, I've used a plastic portable file box, it already has slots that separate the blades and tabs to mark them. It's also cheap, and has a handle.

Jimmy:)

Steve W

New User
Steve
I made one very similar to Roger's, but with no cover.

One problem that I've found is that different so-called 10" blades are different actual sizes (I suspect, for example, that the Freud blades are actually 25 cm, as they're a little smaller). The smaller ones are right on the edge of falling out of their slots (I foolishly made the thing sized for 10" without checking actual blade sizes first :BangHead: ).

Due to that minor size difference, plus having an assortment of 7" blades, the "chest of drawers" approach in the other related post is looking better to me.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I don't know that this totally fits what you're looking for but I built this holder for my DADO blade and it seems to work out well. I just used some scrap poplar and 1/8" plexiglass.

If they were full blades in the box, you would need to add additional dowels so the blades didn't rotate and have the teeth collide.
Your SD 208 came in a good holder. If the little plastic knobs that hold the blades in the holder are trash, contact Charles "M" with Freud. Some of the early ones just cracked and fell off. They replaced mine for FREE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS