Saw Blade Sharpening

Status
Not open for further replies.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Hey folks.
First let me set a bit of background. Over the years I have gone thru allot of saw blades (50+). Once they got dull I would just throw them away and buy new. Some of these blades, you would naturally do that with, anyways, as they are not meant to be sharpened.
But then I started buying more expensive/special use blades.
I have taken these and sent them off before, hesitantly due to cost and quality of service.:saw:
I believe I have found a new home :icon_thum:icon_thumfor all of my blade services.
I just received a WoodWorker II back from being sharpened.
This is the first time using this particular shops services.

This blade being quite expensive (by my purchasing standards) had not held up to it's rep:slap:.
I had it on my saw for about 1 month :sad11:and took it off as I did not like the cut it was producing.
Recently I sent this blade off to one of our own. You probably know who this is as it is Raleigh Saw (Toolferone).
Tom took excellent care of me, and my blade.
I installed the blade with the aid of a buddy yesterday morning ( my backs out so bending over isn't an option right now.)
Ran a few feet of White Oak thru it in both deep and shallow cuts.

This blade cuts frig##### awesome!!!!!!!:gar-Bi:icon_chee I mean I have never had a blade cut so smooth and leave such a smooth cut surface as this newly sharpened blade does now.:icon_thum
I have used the glue line rip blade before and I truly believe that this blade leaves a smoother cut then they do.
I am completely serious here. My DJ20 Jointer has got some competition here I asure you.
SO RaleighSAw and Tom my hat is off to you,:notworthy: Fanastic job, really fantastic.
You folks will be seeing all of my sharpening needs!!!!!!!!!.:eek:ccasion1
YOU HAVE TO TRY THEM.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
FIDDLE STICKS~!
now where am I going to get old saw blades to paint?????

Seriously, I appreciate knowing this!
I can't afford to buy new stuff very often. I can't justify replacing stuff very often, BUT I can't continue to use stuff that doesn't work well anymore..... sigh
I wish more places could/would fix, sharpen, adjust, etc more things. I know its always the $$. Often the parts cost more than buying new - WITHOUT labor~
dang throw away world!:nah: seems I fit in less and less

I imagine there's a lot more we could do like this if we knew who and where to go to....
Thanks for sharing this. And, thanks for supporting our members!

BobcatBob

New User
Bob
Thanks for the input on Raleigh Saw. I too have a few blades that I need to get resharpened since the last place that did it really botched the job. Where is Raleigh Saw located??

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
For those of you near the Lake Gaston area, I carried two blades to Lake Gaston Supply, they have someone who comes by to pick up blades. I paid app. $42 for my blades but they did a good job. Raleigh is a distance for me so this is a good choice for me. Just wanted to let those of you who are in this area know that we also have a good option. Sorry to hear about your back John, I am dealing with the same thing. I once would say, "its a shame to grow old," but after losing two brothers in their 40's and 50's I no long make that statement. It is good to be alive and well. Good luck with the back. Lorraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS