Saturday Sawdust

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Forgive the lack of pics, but the "projects" were made using reclaimed deck lumber, and some plywood.

I first cobbled together a shaving horse, using 2x4's, a few lengths of 3/4" dowel, and plywood (gasp!) for the seat and riser(for shaving). The pivot was made using 2 pieces of wood Lowe's used to support the composite decking delivered to my home. Now I can try out the spoke shaves I got from Harbor Freight, after scary-ing them sharp.

The other Saturday project was an elevated platform for my dog's food and water bowls. He is 16 years old, and it seems to be getting tough on him to reach down to food and water. I used my official calibrated hand to measure a height (8"),which seemed to work for my dog. For the top, I used 1/2" plywood (10"x8"), I measured the diameter of the bowls, and subtracted the width of each bowl's top lip. Amazingly, the holes were not too large after I finished cutting them. In practice, it was a tad too high, so I lopped off 2" from the legs (not my dog's). His sight is failing, but once I showed him where things are, he caught on to the idea.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Great idea for the elevated dog feeder. Not only will that help his back, it also helps digestion...and reduces gas, which helps us all. My in-laws have 3 large dogs (Great Dane mixes) and there was a huge improvement in the air quality at their house once the dogs started eating out of elevated food bowls. Now don't get me started on the benefits of low-bulk food 8-O 8-O :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
The good deed takes on a sad air: Last week, Hank was walking stiff, then was bleeding from the tip of his wagging tail (he cannot bend around to chew on it). The vet tells me this is a sign of his age, and discovers a lump on Hank's upper spleen/lower kidney. It is cancer: spreads fast, but he won't be in much pain.

Forgive me if this sounds macabre, but I guess I will work on a small casket this week. Out of sight of my dog & cat, of course.

MikeH

New User
Mike
The good deed takes on a sad air: Last week, Hank was walking stiff, then was bleeding from the tip of his wagging tail (he cannot bend around to chew on it). The vet tells me this is a sign of his age, and discovers a lump on Hank's upper spleen/lower kidney. It is cancer: spreads fast, but he won't be in much pain.

Forgive me if this sounds macabre, but I guess I will work on a small casket this week. Out of sight of my dog & cat, of course.

Tom,
I am SO sad to hear about your dog. I just recently had to put my Cody down (1 month ago) after 11 good years. I feel your pain and I'm sorry.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Sounds like a good day in the shop. I also plan to build a couple of those dogie bowl stands for our 2 Labs And have built a set of steps so the 3yr old female Morgan can climb up in the bed. She has a torn ligament in one leg . Who says our pets arent spoiled. I too am sorry to hear about his failing health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS