Santa Carvings

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLazyC

New User
Ken
This is more about photography than carving. I built my new lightbox tonight to take photos of my Pens but thought I would practice with my wife's Santa collection. A friend of ours carves these each year. I wish I had started collecting them from the begining but I am fortuate enough to have the last 11 years worth. And for a hobby, he makes, by my pretty accurate calculations about $18k gross each year just on this size. He also makes some larger ones that stand approx 3' tall, these are only 3" tall.
2009.jpg

View image in gallery

SGalley

New User
Scott W. Galley
Nice pictures. What kind of camera? BTW, those carvings are cool. He should do the same carving for other figures, sort of like hummels.....just a thought

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Very nice carvings. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Haven't tried carving yet, but I hope to one day. How are the pens coming along? :dontknow:

TheLazyC

New User
Ken
Nice pictures. What kind of camera? BTW, those carvings are cool. He should do the same carving for other figures, sort of like hummels.....just a thought

I just bought my second Nikon D2X. I wanted to have duplicates of everything in my camera bag. I get so many calls to do wedding photography that I thought I would give it a try this year. I already have 5 weddings booked for 2010.

TheLazyC

New User
Ken
Very nice carvings. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Haven't tried carving yet, but I hope to one day. How are the pens coming along? :dontknow:

I ordered enough kits to turn 11 big cigar pens, 5 of one kind and 6 of another. We will see, hopefully it will be better that the last 4 attempts.

SGalley

New User
Scott W. Galley
I just bought my second Nikon D2X.

Very nice camera.....beats my rebel, but the Rebel meets my needs. Very easy to use. I need to build one of the tripods that was posted earlier though. That was a very cool project. BTW, tell your friend for me, that I think he should carve a "Planet of the Apes" guy using the same hat as Santa.

TheLazyC

New User
Ken
Very nice camera.....beats my rebel, but the Rebel meets my needs. Very easy to use. I need to build one of the tripods that was posted earlier though. That was a very cool project. BTW, tell your friend for me, that I think he should carve a "Planet of the Apes" guy using the same hat as Santa.

I wish I had the talent to make one of those tripods, I made the lightbox out of PVC, pretty simple, it only took about 10 minutes start to finish.

TheLazyC

New User
Ken
Very Nice Photograpy~!... Got any pic's of the Photo Box you made?

And those are nice Carvings~!

I did not take any photos of the lightbox, but I plan to set it back up this weekend and practice on some more items. I will upload new photos then.

Glennbear

Glenn
Cool carvings and cool photos, have you invited your carver friend to join our merry band of woodworkers ? :wsmile:

TheLazyC

New User
Ken
Cool carvings and cool photos, have you invited your carver friend to join our merry band of woodworkers ? :wsmile:

Nope, he is not very computer/internet savy. He bought a computer from us a long time ago and he is on dial up so I don't think he does much online.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Great photographs, Ken. Looks like your light box works like a charm...

Now let's see some of those pens:gar-Bi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors