Router Bit Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
In my never ending quest to use every square inch of my limited shop space I built a router bit storage tray. I used some plastic Yellowfins gave me awhile back and some 3/4" Plywood scraps. I have not used all of the bits yet, but the ones still in their protective plastic coating were bout with specific projects in mind.

Doug

Attachments

• P1010019.jpg
    P1010019.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 161

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Nice system. I have some of the famous Yellowfins plastic too, you're giving me ideas :icon_thum It looks like you have taken full advantage of the WC $5 bit sales as I have. I've found a great way to get the plastic coating off new bits is to use them :roll::lol::lol::lol::lol:

dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
How 'bout a new system for storing your circular blades (TS, CMS, RAS) ??? What happen to that thread? It was good enough for prime time :icon_thum.
Dave:)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Very nice Doug! I've _just_ started to acquire enough bits I need to think about building a storage system myself....on the list with 8 other shop projects :) I may just copy your idea, looks like it's just the right size.

LeeNC

New User
Lee
Re: Second Pic

Is that a PWC straight bit that I see on there? If so, what did you think of it. I like the look and design of the bits that Pat Warner sells but the seem a bit pricey. With both Frued and Whiteside in the area, I tend to by from our local venders.
Lee (CLT)

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
The orange bearing bit is a CMT bit I got at a special sale. The big spiral bit is one I got for use with my Jointability a few years back. I have an 8" unit, which is nice for jointing long boards. It is heavy and cumbersome when not in use. :no:

I like the results of the bit itself. I use it in a Porter Cable 7539 and it cuts really clean.

Doug

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
Doug,
I'm not going to comment on your rack but your router bit storage is nice.
You need to start a service where you go through people's shops and find uses for their unused space.
I don't think I have any wall space left to use.......
Do you have any ceiling adapters for that setup?
Ron

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Ron:

What is a "ceiling adapter?" I plan on hanging my pattern templates near the ceiling. The plastic you gave me was great. I bet I can come up with a bunch more jigs and racks with it. (subtle hint) :wink2:

It is amazing what you can do with left over scraps! For my last four project in the shop I bought only some 4 x4 and some lag bolts. Of course you and DaveO helped with kindly donated materials.

I think I am going to replace my hanging pegboards with a tool cabinet having twin doors made using frame and panel construction. But first I have to complete a chaise lounge and a park bench refurbish.

Doug

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
I'll make sure I grab some extra HDPE next time I'm at the shop.
I'll let you know when I get it.

My only available space is on the ceiling.....

Ron

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
If you don't have time to make a storage cabinet, don't forget that MLCS has their router bit storage cabinet on sale right now. (Look in the "hot deals") Sapwood bought one, so maybe he can post a photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS