Rookie mistakes

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
After 30 years of owning and abusing a B&D workmate, the original tops were never cut! Today I was using it as a sawhorse (my usual use) and did not check the location before cutting. Oops!

1617547810634.jpeg

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Oops. When you feel resistance, stop :) Applies to circular saws, Q-tips, and eyeballs.

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
I've had the same workmate since '82. making a new top is on my list
It's about the only thing from B7D I've had any luck with.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
I have 2 that i use for sawhorses, to elevate a piece while spraying finish etc. they take up much less room than conventional sawhorses when not in use. I have never used the dog holes or clamping features

Hmerkle

Hank
Corporate Member
I like the desert storm paint scheme... but I think everyone that has done anything can relate! I know I can, many times over... never owned a B7D (didn't know that "love handle" until a few minutes ago! LOL

But I have cut into and through many things with and without intention! :eek:

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
At least you didn't cut it in half on the other axis - that would be harder to fix!

-Mark

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
When I was in my early 20s I owned and ran a picture frame shop. One day my brother came in and was messing around. He laid a piece of mat board on my work table and started cutting through it.

Underneath was a $300 print I was getting ready to frame. I didn't like him even before that.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Reminds me of my brand new circular saw... The first woodworking tool I bought. Set it down and cut the cord clean off, first cut!.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS