Roller stand

mikeyt

Mike
Senior User
Did a search but didn't come up with what I'm was looking for.

I saw a stand posted that had a plate on top instead of a roller.
I cannot remember brand and can't find anything online.

I need something to support long stock on the table and bandsaw.

I saw a stand that had multiple bearing rollers also which seems like a good idea but would like to know what you guys use for these situations.

Thanks

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I gave up using the traditional roller for this type of flip top stand from HD.

The two that I use are branded "Ridgid". Looks like they have been "rebranded" as Husky. Very similar to mine but I do not have the flip up guides on the ends. Lots of up/ down adjustment. I use them a lot on the bandsaw, planer and jointer beds.

Wayne

mikeyt

Mike
Senior User
Thanks Wayne that's what I'm looking for.
I found the Ridgid but they are discontinued. I agree it looks like they were rebranded to Husky.

No issue tipping over when going any direction besides straight?
Like cutting a curve on the bandsaw in a large piece.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Thanks Wayne that's what I'm looking for.
I found the Ridgid but they are discontinued. I agree it looks like they were rebranded to Husky.

No issue tipping over when going any direction besides straight?
Like cutting a curve on the bandsaw in a large piece.
Shouldn't be an issue as long as the new side guides are down on this Husky version.

mikeyt

Mike
Senior User
Cool
The height is listed at 26 inches. I assume that is it's lowest point. Most raise to 36in or more

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Just measured mine and minimum in fact is 26” to a max of 40”. (If you bring the feet a little closer together you can get to 42”, comfortably)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I gave up using the traditional roller for this type of flip top stand from HD.
I have a pair of these as well, much better than the traditional roller. Useful as infeed, outfeed, hold-extension-wing-in-place, temporary cabinet support, etc. etc.

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
I have always loved the Rigid flat top outfeed stands. The plastic is slick (you could also paste wax them) so the wood tends not to stick to them and force them to tip over, the top is a few inches wide and tilts to accept the wood as it approaches them and then move to a level plane as it passes over it. Very height adjustable also. Alas Rigid doesn't make them anymore but the Husky one is quite similar. Looks like they have outboard legs and feet to help stop the tipping effect.

Linc H

Linc
Corporate Member
One thing to check is your bandsaw height. They are typically (depends on your set up) taller and require an outfeed roller taller than 43" Mine is 43.5" just something to check

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors