Rocker Class Folks Keep Faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
I've taken a new position in my company that suddenly pushed my travel up from none to over 50%. I'm hoping to get a schedule break in the fall and run a class. I'm sorry for not being able to move forward with the class. Time is soo limited for me anymore. I'm struggling to meet my B-day requirement for the bed I'm working on. :( Projects I used to do in less than two weeks take months now since my shop time is so limited.

That whole work thing really gets in the way. :)

Thanks,

John

woodguy1975

New User
John
Just got word from higher up that travel may be suspended 4th quarter. Chances are they will since they did it last year too so we may be able to fire up a schedule starting in September. :)

I'll keep you posted.

John

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Just got word from higher up that travel may be suspended 4th quarter. Chances are they will since they did it last year too so we may be able to fire up a schedule starting in September. :)

I'll keep you posted.

John

This might work out better for me anyway ... so whenever it happens, I just hope I can do it (financially and time wise). In the meantime, I better find some Walnut or something!

woodguy1975

New User
John
This might work out better for me anyway ... so whenever it happens, I just hope I can do it (financially and time wise). In the meantime, I better find some Walnut or something!

I will have some of my NJ walnut to offer for students for their rockers. The stuff is extraordinary. I'm sure you remember my stack. It is all dry, indoors, and ready to be worked. It is going to make some awsome rockers. :) I think my average board width is around 15" with at least 8 that are 24+" in width with zero knots. :)

Thanks,

John

cskipper

Cathy
I will have some of my NJ walnut to offer for students for their rockers. The stuff is extraordinary. I'm sure you remember my stack. It is all dry, indoors, and ready to be worked. It is going to make some awsome rockers. :) I think my average board width is around 15" with at least 8 that are 24+" in width with zero knots. :)

Thanks,

John

Let me know if there are any good dumpster diving days. I'll try to pick up the slack left by Eagle.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy

Thanks,

John

That would help a lot .... assuming I can afford that "priceless" stuff! :eek:

woodguy1975

New User
John
That would help a lot .... assuming I can afford that "priceless" stuff! :eek:

LOL, you know I'll take it easy on you. :) I'd be willing to sell it for the going rate of FAS Walnut from the yards. :) I'll be making a pair of rockers from it with the class when we get rolling.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Let me know if there are any good dumpster diving days. I'll try to pick up the slack left by Eagle.

You have some big shoes to fill. :( He was the dumpster king.

eagledumpster2.jpg

Shamrock

New User
Michael
John-
I'm still good to go-I actually jumped the gun the 1st time around and bought enough sapele for the rocker, however I looooove wood so I might just have to buy some of your walnut and then make one later out of the sapele (assuming of coarse the price is right!:wink_smil) Just keep us posted!

Thanks --Mike

woodguy1975

New User
John
John-
I'm still good to go-I actually jumped the gun the 1st time around and bought enough sapele for the rocker, however I looooove wood so I might just have to buy some of your walnut and then make one later out of the sapele (assuming of coarse the price is right!:wink_smil) Just keep us posted!

Thanks --Mike

I loooove Sapela too. Espeically if it is quarter sawn. I have a settee that a few members have seen in quarter sawn Sapella and it is very dynamic to look at. You'll love your sapella rocker.

Thanks,

John

woodguy1975

New User
John
Potential Start Date of Sept 13-14

I've started looking at my schedule and it looks like our first weekend of class will be Sept. 13-14. Originally we were going to go every two weeks, but due to family life I'm going to suggest we push it out to every four weeks roughly with Oct 11 and Nov 8 being the weekends we meet for class. At least it will be a bit cooler in the shop since it will be fall.

For those of you interested... what do you think?

Thanks,

John

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Re: Potential Start Date of Sept 13-14

I've started looking at my schedule and it looks like our first weekend of class will be Sept. 13-14. Originally we were going to go every two weeks, but due to family life I'm going to suggest we push it out to every four weeks roughly with Oct 11 and Nov 8 being the weekends we meet for class. At least it will be a bit cooler in the shop since it will be fall.

For those of you interested... what do you think?

Thanks,

John

Let me check the schedule with the wife. I think the Oct & Nov dates will work out great, but the Sept might cause a conflict (maybe we could also see if the following Sept weekend would work?)

I like the idea of once a month ... makes it more manageable on my schedule with two little ones.

As for the conflict with the mountain get together... I wanted to attend that too, but I doubt I can take every weekend away from the family and the rocker class gets the date if it happens -- so all I'm saying is, don't change that date for me based on an overbooking.

Shamrock

New User
Michael
John-
Sent you a PM about my availability for the class-If we could switch the 1st 2 dates It looks like we may have a few less conflicts-- Thanks again-can't wait!!!

Mike M.

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:clamps-clamps-why do I never have enough clamps

woodguy1975

New User
John
I'll run the change of class dates by the family and see. We still need two more folks to fill the class to run it.

I think it is time for a new posting to see if we can get the class rolling.

Thanks,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS