Ridgid 12v X2 cordless drill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

New User
Ryan Sellers
Well I figured I'd start this review section off with a good tool. I bought the Ridgid 12v X2 back when they went on sale for $90. It comes with a plastic kit box; 30 minute, dual port, fan cooled charger; two batteries and an auxillary side handle. Let me start with the charger. It's amazing. It will charge two batteries, at the same time, in under 30 minutes. They start charging quickly, because the charger forces air through the battery packs, effectively cooling them. The batteries slide on so they don't fall off easily, yet they come off quickly when you want them to. The drill has a two speed gearbox and a multi postion clutch. The half-inch ratcheting single sleeve chuck is amazing. It just won't slip on a bit. The drill is on the heavy side, it feels like it weighs more than my Porter-Cable 19.2 volt. But that may be because it was built like a tank, with rubber bumpers all the way around and a die-cast aluminum transmission housing and clutch ring. As far as power goes, there is no shortage. It will handle any woodshop job. I guess what all this adds up to is a solid drill with excellent features and and even better price. I believe this drill is being phased out, but the 14.4v and 18v models are essentially the same drill, with a bigger battery.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Sounds like a sweet drill/driver. I've got the Roybi 18V, it does the job, but doesn't sound as well built. Thanks for the information. Dave:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS