Replacing carpet with hardwood flooring

JimD

Jim
Senior User
Thanks for your report on the resolution of your flooring claim. I'm glad Bruce stood behind their in this case faulty product but sorry you had to go through this. I guess I've been lucky.

Ricksmi

Rick
Corporate Member
Sorry to hear the flooring did not come out as expected. I have put down lots of Bruce flooring in fact it is one of my preferred products. If you have a claim or find defects Bruce has excellent customer service so I'm not at all surprised they covered all the costs to remove if they didn't that would really surprise me. I agree HD is sometimes slow to react but the HD in Hickory when I had some flooring issues contacted Bruce and I had answers within the week. With all the hardwood flooring I put down in the past 10 years both residential and commercial 60% Bruce flooring I only had a few issues, bad finish and one time where the wood was cracked in 8 boxes all from the same lot. Bruce through HD covered all my costs without issue. The one thing I learned about HD and the North Carolina founded store is how they store it which is one reason for finish and cracked issues. Happy to hear your flooring project is back on track.

JSJ

Jeff
Corporate Member
Get the BEST knee pads you can!! After one day of putting down my floor, I couldn't walk! Gel knee pads made all the difference.

Rick Mainhart

Rick
Corporate Member
Hi Bill,

I am sure you're not looking forward to removing that floor ... having only had to pull 3 rows back out when the nailer decided to fire over already nailed flooring!

I put a bi-metal blade in my Harbor Freight Oscillating tool and cut all the nails (yea, I used a LOT of nails) by sliding under the flooring and above the rosin paper. I was able to remove the individual boards without top surface damage, and was sure to tap down any remaining nail pieces in the subfloor before replacing the flooring. And yes, the nailer was put in nailer-jail for that misdeed (kept it off finished flooring from then on!). Replacing the rosin paper in damaged areas was easy enough.

Glad you got the situation ironed out.

Good luck,

Rick

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS