Remote Switch for Jet 1642 and a Vase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate Davey

New User
Nate
One of the guys from another forum posted a pic of his remote switch for his Jet 1642EVS. I unabashedly stole it and I absolutely love it. It's nice to be able, when standing at the end of the lathe, adjust the speed or with my hip, turn the lathe off. I picked up some 5 conductor thermostat wire fromthe borg and some connectors so I can easily return it to stock. My next project is to remote the RPM display so I can see it from the end of the lathe as well.
Remote_2.jpg

To test my remote switch, some of you may remember this little vase I asked for design help on. I screwed it up on exit with the tool but wanted to finish it as is for the experience and to have around as a reminder to be careful. I also had a chance to play around with my Dremel and assorted burls to clean up the wreckage. I guess this is more of an archeological recovery than a collectors piece.

Some of the lessons learned:
1. Watch your tool when your exiting your work
2. Use the right tool for the job. A bent hollower is nice for around corners but not the right tool for straight in. I found my EWT Ci0 is great for that. When I make my "Ellsworth" tool, I will probably use a round carbide cutter for the straight one.

Anywho, Ambrosia maple, 5.5" tall, between 1/4 and 3/8 wall thickness, sanded to 600 Abralon, Shellac sanded back 3 times then a final coat. Photo was ambient light F8, shutter speed 1/1.6 with my copier paper photo gradient. Thanks for looking.

Ruins_02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS