Remote Start Issue for DC

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Add in the cost of a sturdy plastic box, strain reliefs, pigtails, outlet etc. Yes the relay works at lower currents.
As a safety factor, for 220, you always switch both leads. For 110, you only need to switch the black wire as white is grounded in the panel.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Rob,
That Coil would work at a lower amperage too, right?
I have had trouble with Bruce's solution - (just using the remote controller on a 20 amp circuit) I burned up the receiver...

if so, a CHEAP solution (~$25) for a remote start!
Yes, the coil on the contactor draws less than an ampere.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
As the relay is not a big inductive load, any remote, designed for lights or anything, will work fine.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Scott
I do not assume HF has real engineers. They buy spec from some OEM. How competent the design staff of the OEM is is unknown to us and probably to HF as well. Again, I emphasize, if the performance of a given DC can be improved that much by a larger impellor, the OEM would have done so. They would not give up specs that easy. And yes, even 1/2 inch diameter makes a big difference as that is where all the leverage is and where the inertia is.

Yes HF has engineers. That's how they keep quality control. The specs the OEM uses is HF's specs from their design people. I agree that the impellor used is the correct impellor for that machine. Yes HF's people will give you specs. It's not very difficult. If you doubt the HF's input on the machine design, that's how they set price points. Price points keep old HF alive.

Pop :cool:

Warren

Warren
Corporate Member
I also use a $15 remote for lamp control that activates the 220 circuit on my ClearView Collector. I used a Long Ranger on my Delta collector that only lasted year or so. Went to my cyclone and sold the Delta. The lamp remote and 110/220 V relay is still going strong after 14 years..

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS