Red Oak

Status
Not open for further replies.

wchipper

New User
Cliff
Hope everyone had a good Christmas!!
Does anyone know where I can get some Red Oak, working on a project and ran out. I went to woodcraft on Glenwood today and what they had looked bad.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Lowes has it if you ab****ely need it this weekend........pricey though

gator

George
Corporate Member
Head north young man. To Hardwood Store of NC in Gibsonville. But, they aren't open on Sunday.

George

wchipper

New User
Cliff
Thanks Dirk, very pricey, I would go in the hole.

Gator you are right, that is where I got my last Red Oak. I thought I read something a little while back about some for 1.00 bf. just checking to see if any was still out there. But thanks for your help.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I would contact one of our outstanding sawyers/dryers. I know that Jeff.. and Scott both could take care of your needs, and they are a lot closer than the Hardwood Store.

Support you local sawyer!!!

Dave:)

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Dave, thanks for the referral, and Cliff - thanks for the pm.

I have a lot of red and white KD in stock. The proceeds are going into the new shop building fund!

Prices are the same as the last lumber runs, which is a heck of a lot cheaper than you'll find at the commercial outlets.

Most of the in-stock wood was cut green at either 4/4 or 5/4, so it's in the 7/8" - 1-1/16" range after KD.

Scott

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Cliff, it was great meeting you today; I'm glad that you, Ben and I had the opportunity to visit and solve all of the US's problems!:rotflm:

Seriously, thanks for the business, and welcome to NCWoodworker. Be sure to post some pix of your project; unfortunately you had already left before I found my camera (these woodworking guys are some real photo hounds.... you'll figure it out before much longer). :gar-Bi

Scott

J

jeff...

Cliff, it was great meeting you today; I'm glad that you, Ben and I had the opportunity to visit and solve all of the US's problems!:rotflm:

Seriously, thanks for the business, and welcome to NCWoodworker. Be sure to post some pix of your project; unfortunately you had already left before I found my camera (these woodworking guys are some real photo hounds.... you'll figure it out before much longer). :gar-Bi

Scott

Correction real photo clowns :gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS