Rasp Wheel ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennbear

Glenn
I have an outside DIY project that entails removing sapling stumps and I would rather not get into the hassle of digging and axe chopping. My thought was to use an angle grinder ( I have a 4.5 inch and a larger auto body shop model) I had thought I had seen metal wheels for these type of machines that had solid rasp type teeth but my search so far has been fruitless. Any suggestions out there from my fellow tool aficionados ? I can only get so close to ground level with the chain saw without risking chain damage and some are too large to attack with a pruning blade in a reciprocating saw. :wconfused:

PS - I did manage to find a PDF file of a patent for the disc I am looking for but no vendor yet http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4685181.pdf they only other thing I found was a YouTube video of such a disc in use but it was from Croatia :gar-La;

Last edited:

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Something like this might work...I believe I have seen a version of this at Harbor Freight and Northern Tool...

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Stump grinding is probably your best bet. HD in F/V had one for rent, but with trailer rental added I had two stumps ground up cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS