Raleigh CL - a "better than nothing" tablesaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennbear

Glenn
"pushing thing that fits into the groove and can also be adjusted for angles" I sometimes wondered what the proper terminology for a "miter gauge" was :rotflm:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
may or may not be a deal. um.. I wonder if thats 3? HP or craftsman 3HP?:gar-La; If it aint 240V it aint 3 HP!:no: If it is a true 3HP then it should be multiple belt drive.:cool:

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
may or may not be a deal. um.. I wonder if thats 3? HP or craftsman 3HP?:gar-La; If it aint 240V it aint 3 HP!:no: If it is a true 3HP then it should be multiple belt drive.:cool:

Good point; the Griz 1023 is "only" 2HP in the 110V model and 3HP in the 220V model.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I had a high quality plastic bodied, aluminum topped Craftsman TS once. It had a "maximum developed 3 HP" motor on it :roll::roll::roll: , one of those pushing things that fits in a groove, and a 1o" blade.
I gave it to a blind guy, it was slightly better than nothing.

Dave:)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
"pushing thing that fits into the groove and can also be adjusted for angles" I sometimes wondered what the proper terminology for a "miter gauge" was :rotflm:
I have seen people refer to it as the "might there gauge", "mydare gauge" and "mideair gauge". Almost as funny as a settling torch! Or a Roto Zit.
:rolf:

CarvedTones

Andy
I had a high quality plastic bodied, aluminum topped Craftsman TS once. It had a "maximum developed 3 HP" motor on it :roll::roll::roll: , one of those pushing things that fits in a groove, and a 1o" blade.
I gave it to a blind guy, it was slightly better than nothing.

You gave a tablesaw to a blind guy ????

I have been starved for entertainment a few times, but never gone quite that far... :elvis:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Now Andy, what kind of person do you take DaveO for. Of course he did not give a saw to a blind man. HE SOLD IT TO HIM!!!!!

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

CarvedTones

Andy
Now Andy, what kind of person do you take DaveO for. Of course he did not give a saw to a blind man. HE SOLD IT TO HIM!!!!!

I can see it now - "You'll never find a better price on a Unisaw..." :gar-La; :eek: :wink_smil

DaveO

New User
DaveO
You gave a tablesaw to a blind guy ????

I have been starved for entertainment a few times, but never gone quite that far... :elvis:

I can see it now - "You'll never find a better price on a Unisaw..." :gar-La; :eek: :wink_smil

Technically he is "legally blind" he can see quite well but has problems with changing focus. Driving is not possible as his focus doesn't change fast enough to deal with moving cars.
I did give it to him, it was one of those rare special things that happened on Woodnet where folks really show that they have a good heart. It was around Christmas and he ended up with a complete shop out of donations.
He has become a fine woodworker, and sells quite a bit of his work...probably has gotten rid of my old TS by now.

CarvedTones

Andy
Aw, c'mon Dave - can't we have a little fun at your expense without ya making us feel all guilty and stuff? :slap: :embaresse

sapwood

New User
Roger
Technically he is "legally blind" he can see quite well but has problems with changing focus. Driving is not possible as his focus doesn't change fast enough to deal with moving cars.
I did give it to him, it was one of those rare special things that happened on Woodnet where folks really show that they have a good heart. It was around Christmas and he ended up with a complete shop out of donations.
He has become a fine woodworker, and sells quite a bit of his work...probably has gotten rid of my old TS by now.

Tsk, tsk . . . DaveO Doubters, eh :sad3:
I well remember that generous venture warm-hearted, Dave!
Glad to hear that he's still woodworking :icon_thum

Supportively,
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS