Raised Panel Router Bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehpoole

Ethan
Don't bother. I used this exact cutter on my Bosch Colt and got TERRIBLE results.

K

You are a braver man than I. :p

Though it would be remarkably safe on my Bosch Colt at the moment since the speed controller board is dead and I have yet to get around to replacing it.

Rayban

New User
Ray
Looking for suggestions here. I am trying to replace a few large shutters on the exterior of my house. they are 21" x 80" and have a raised panel on the lower section. I have made raised panels in the past for interior applications but these are a little larger.

The edge profile is 2 inches wide from edge to the upper panel lip. The largest raised panel bits I can find for a router/router table are 3.5" in diameter which doesn't get me close to the edge profile width I need to match the other shutters. I don't have a shaper, just a bosch router and a separate router table. Can someone give me a pointer or two on how I can accomplish this without a shaper or hand work? Thanks.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Looking for suggestions here. I am trying to replace a few large shutters on the exterior of my house. they are 21" x 80" and have a raised panel on the lower section. I have made raised panels in the past for interior applications but these are a little larger.

The edge profile is 2 inches wide from edge to the upper panel lip. The largest raised panel bits I can find for a router/router table are 3.5" in diameter which doesn't get me close to the edge profile width I need to match the other shutters. I don't have a shaper, just a bosch router and a separate router table. Can someone give me a pointer or two on how I can accomplish this without a shaper or hand work? Thanks.
What is the shape of the profile? Is it just a 15 degree bevel you could cut with a tablesaw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS