Raised panel doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I use pipe clamps.:icon_thum k bodies would work better the f clamps i think.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I use my Bessey K-body or other brand parallel jaw clamps for 95% of the work I do. I have a few pipe clamps that I generally use for larger/longer clamping jobs, but I don't prefer them as they won't stand up on end as well as the parallel jaw clamps can. I like to do a glue up on my assembly table and then set it on the floor to dry. Vertical takes up much less space than horizontal.

Dave:)

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
K-bodies square up and won't tilt the stiles. What's this mysterious project of yours?

No mystery. I just did a bunch of raised panel drawer fronts and got curious on the consensus. K-bodies worked well. To be honest, I should sell my pipe clamps. Haven't used them since I bought all my Bessey's!

M

McRabbet

Bessey K-Body's rule when it comes to cabinetry glue-ups -- panel glue-ups, RP doors, carcases, face frames -- they are the best, but you can never have enough.

Bob Buchholz

New User
Bob Buchholz
I used to use f clamps because that was all I had. I got a good deal on some K-bodys and used them once and now I will wait until they are free before I'd use the f clamps. They really are that much better for doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS