Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Coleman sent me an email with the following potential items for our raffle:

Item #Description Sale Price Reg. Price
FR06080FREUD 8" DIAL-A-DADO (SD608)+ our cost:$ 199.00 regular cost: $ 269.99
97-108FREUD 3 PC CABINET DOOR SET W/ BACKCUTTER our cost: $ 120.00 regular cost:$ 159.99
DT22790X22-790X DELTA 15" PLANER /X SERIES our cost: $1,000.00 regular cost: $1,499.95
FS561287KAPEX SLIDING COMPOUND MITER SAW *+ our cost: $ 850.00 regular cost:$1,300.00
P1792000KPM2000 10" CABINET SAW LT + our cost: $1,950.00 regular cost: $2,699.99
PC07550PORTER CABLE 7 HP 80 GALLON COMPRESSOR our cost: $ 900.00 regular cost: $1,199.95 *used once

I lean toward the Kapex. Some items are too small, some are to expensive, and I do not think the compressor has wide enough appeal. The Kapex is sexy enough and should be a good draw.

Doug

M

McRabbet

I agree -- the Kapex is a good deal for us -- we may want to see if Tom Ferone can get us a deal on any Freud products like the SD508 (best dado blade on the planet) of some of their other tools or blades or bits.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I like the Kapex idea. The other stuff, is just,,,,, blah.........

What is going to be our budget for the raffle this time? $1500? Rob, if it is $1500 will that be with or without taxes? ;-)

M

McRabbet

Let's shoot for $1,500 including taxes -- so we need to remember that we must add taxes to the Kapex. We'll just need to tout the Kapex as "Back by Popular Demand"! I'd like to hear from the other BoD members before we commit to it...

Added though: I think it would be a good idea for us to offer potential vendors a free 3-month sidebar ad if they contributed an item worth at least $500. A little leverage never hurts and it would provide them with a tangible benefit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Added though: I think it would be a good idea for us to offer potential vendors a free 3-month sidebar ad if they contributed an item worth at least $500. A little leverage never hurts and it would provide them with a tangible benefit.

Sounds good to me.:icon_thum

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Kapex for obvious reasons would be my first choice:slap:. I agree with Scott Smith on the 15" planer being a second choice.

M

McRabbet

I will send Coleman an email that we will want the Kapex. Maybe we should get Scott Smith (or "The Bas") to contact Grizzly to see if they would contribute one of these!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I emailed One-Way two weeks ago and received no reply. I was hoping to get a deal on a chuck or sharpening jig. I guess they don't want to play.

M

McRabbet

Just to keep everyone up to date: I have let Coleman know that we want the Kapex. In the past several days, I have written to the following folks: Lee Valley, Lie-Nielsen, Grizzly, Kreg, Stanley (new planes), Packard Woodworks (turning stuff), Leigh Industries (jigs), Roy Underhill and Bill Anderson to solicit prizes. I have also contacted ClearVue Cyclones. I also plan to contact Craft Supplies, USA (www.Woodturnerscatalog.com) for turning supplies, too.

Any other suggestions? I reviewed the Spring Raffle Ideas thread for ideas there, too. Anyone recommend someone for turning blanks (maybe the folks at www.turningblanks.net in Donalds, SC -- about 2-hours south of me)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS