Quick Nativity Scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I signed up for Steve Good's daily plan. One of the members here gave us the link, but I can't remember just who it was. Anyway, here's a 2 hour project. I took some license and cut everything from cypress scrap.

Nativity.JPG

View image in gallery

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
Looks great,a lot longer than 2 hours for me to attempt it.Steve's site is great too,got lots of info on it.
Tony

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice work there, Joe!

How did you find cutting the cypress on the scrollsaw? (When I was doing a lot of cutting on the bandsaw with my last couple of projects, I found that the cypress really gummed up the blade - worse than pine!:icon_scra:dontknow:)

I will have to look up that pattern on Steve's site.

Thanks for posting!

Wayne

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Joe that is a great job. Steve Good makes some awesome patterns. The man is amazing and he shares him work for free.

Wayne I have used KD Cypress and have had no real gumming issues.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Wayne, this was a cutoff from my shutter project. As you know the cypress was air dried and just last month, I would still get some gum up on the bandsaw. But the smaller pieces will dry faster and this piece had luckily dried past the gummy point.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
It reminds me a bit of a "puzzle Nativity scene" that I used to make. Cut out all pieces on the bandsaw. They fit into a "frame" shaped like a building. I need to try and find that pattern. Maybe someone on here has it? :wsmile:

Crrunion

New User
Randall
Very nice work, Joe. I really like it.

Could someone post the link to Steve Good's daily plan? I tried to do a search and got an error message that the token had expired and I don't know what that means. I'm new to this website, and I still have lots of things to learn.

Thanks

Randall

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice work, Joe. I really like it.

Could someone post the link to Steve Good's daily plan? I tried to do a search and got an error message that the token had expired and I don't know what that means. I'm new to this website, and I still have lots of things to learn.

Thanks

Randall

Here is the link to Steve's site, Randall!

http://stevedgo.ipower.com/cat/

HTH

Wayne

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Joe, it looks great, but I can't do that on my lathe:gar-La;

Ha!, I bet you could if you put your mind to it....:rotflm:

Sometimes I put these short effort projects up here when I realize how 'short' they turned out to be. Some folks, especially those still supporting their employers, may find a comfort level if a time frame is given that fits into their limited free time.
HOWEVER, I don't think anything you and Earl work on would qualify as "weekend friendly"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors