Quick, how long is a cubit??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Time to start working on the Ark! 8" of rain so far in little Washington!

I haven't even been able to hoist the spindle sander I brought back from Wilmington on Tuesday up to my shop to clean and test it!!

FYI, according to the internet Noah's Ark was supposedly 300 cubits (L) x 50 cubits (W) x 30 cubits (H). That is 450' x 75' x 45'! A cubit is/was the distance between an adult's elbow and tip of the finger, generally 18-inches.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
What amazes me about the Internets and Youtubes is that you can go to the Googelies and type "how many cubits in a furlong" and it will actually tell you the correct answer (440)

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
How many more Ark/cubit/Biblical Proportion Flood threads are we going to have today?

And this ain't even a good ground soaker... :roll:

40 days and 40 nights folks! THAT'S a flood! :rotflm:

bpeck

New User
Brian
I guess I'm in trouble as my ark is only about a single cubit total length, and it's still pretty far from done anyway. Might do for one of the cats though.:gar-La;

Dragon

New User
David
How many more Ark/cubit/Biblical Proportion Flood threads are we going to have today?

And this ain't even a good ground soaker... :roll:

40 days and 40 nights folks! THAT'S a flood! :rotflm:
Well, according to my calculations, somebody's math ain't gee hawin'. 450' L is a bit cramped for all them ani-mules I think. We won't even get into the plumbing and feed stores.:banana:
Has been wet out for sure. Kinda puttin' a crimp in my sawing activities.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Well, according to my calculations, somebody's math ain't gee hawin'. 450' L is a bit cramped for all them ani-mules I think.
Would make for a pretty decent sized shop though.

MIKE NOAH

New User
Mike
Boy's just beware the critters tend to smell a lil more when they are already wet. Might need to figure a few more sq. cubits for a generator room and an exhaust fan.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I've got most of the lumber to build an Ark but with all the permits, inspections and red tape... I'm afraid we all would die before it was done.

This too shall pass and the ground will dry out once again. How can I be so sure? Because I'm reminded of God's covenant every time I see a rainbow in the sky. Gen 9:8-17

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
A cubit is 3 1/2 duims long. Too bad I don't know how long a duim is!!:BangHead:

Ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors