Quick and EASY Holiday gift Contest... Official Entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott hamm

New User
scott
Re: Quick and EASY Holiday gift Contest... You have 19 days to enter!!!

Heres my entry,

Its a music box Made of walnut and a strip of beech.this is my 1st attempt at something like this.
the parts are available form various vendor, but Klinspor has the exact ones used .
the plan is from Woodsmith magazine.
it's simple to build but can solve many gift problens.
scott

Attachments

• 131_0369.jpg
    131_0369.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 193
  • 131_0370.JPG
    131_0370.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

clowman

Clay Lowman
Please do not use this thread for questions. If you have questions about the contest, or problems posting your picture, please post them here.

There are only 3 days left in this contest... don't miss out on your chance to showcase your talents!! You have time to get something submitted!

This contest will end on Dec 12th.

Last edited:

skeeter

New User
Charles
This is a set of doll baby high chairs and beds for great nieces Christmas last year.

I should make a correction here! Beds were one week-end project and high chairs was another. Did not have a pictures of chairs alone so they were posted together. No DaveO, with or without elves, I'm not that fast.

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Awesome entries so far. Obviously y'all work much faster than I, or have better elves 8-O8-O8-O

Dave:)

sawduster

New User
Robert
Crown Of Thorns .........original pattern by Enzo
1/8 Baltic Birch on stained plywood backer beveled at 30 degrees
Approx 10 x 10 ....made 5 for gifts . One morning to cut all ( stack cut face ) stain,glue and clamp . Begin finish coating same nite, complete finishing next day

crown of thorns.JPG

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Photo album. Two pieces of wood, 6 1/4" X 3" held together with two rubber bands, with a photo of old Ben Franklin in between. Could also hold pictures of dead presidents, along with pictures of sec. of treas. Simon Chase in particular.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
My entry. A Tea Candle Holder. Quick and easy project from the lathe even for a novice like me. Using a scrap piece of Popular.

DSC05653.JPG

And a different version.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
does this qualify? its a spitoon for the MIL.:-D walnut rootball turned in about an hour. finnishing takes what it takes!:roll:

Attachments

• IMG_6682.JPG
    IMG_6682.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_6684.JPG
    IMG_6684.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 171

sapwood

New User
Roger
Fred,
You have spit out quite a bowl there. That 'baccer juice finish looks great :icon_thum
Don't think ya outta let anyone spit in this one . . . though it has me drooling :lol:

Roger

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Fred,
You have spit out quite a bowl there. That 'baccer juice finish looks great :icon_thum
Don't think ya outta let anyone spit in this one . . . though it has me drooling :lol:

Roger

why thankie roger! i think....:eusa_thin twas some purdy wood fer sher.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Man , you guys sure do some purty work ! :eusa_clap

Here's a couple more rookie entries

bowl.jpg

bowl2.jpg

Spruce collapsible bowl, pattern by Rick and Karen Longabaugh. 2 hours ....need more practice :bbiggrin:

shelf4.jpg

Spruce 24" inch shelf . My design, bracket pattern by Carl Hird-Rutter . 4 hours including dolphin inlay ( Bubbinga )

J

jeff...

My entry from last year - they are either cutting boards or floor tiles 12 1/2 sq X 1 1/2" thick. It don't get much easier than this - less than an hour for both

Thanks

Bill

New User
William R Light Jr
Here's an easy "chip carve". The pattern is adapted from WoodCarving Illustrated Issue No. 33 which also includes instructions. I used the knives shown in the pic but an exacto and a pocket knife would do. I bandsawed the shape from a thick piece of Maine sugar pine and then sliced off 1/4" blanks which I then sandpapered a bit for a "smooth" surface. I plan to finish the "stars" with Dave's finish. Then I will add a ribbon and a brass screw eye to make the christmas ornament which will be included in "christmas stockings" my wife makes up for the kids and siblings. After you do a few, you can mostly do it free hand if you draw guidelines between the points. Then, it will take about two hours or so to carve one. Maybe less in a "production" mode.
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4163&stc=1&d=1196132285

Attachments

• IMGP1503.jpg
    IMGP1503.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
hey robert. where in youngsville? i gotta see that colapsable bowl! thats way kewl!!:icon_thum

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
BTW all. if i should win this contest i dont need another shop vac soooo......... i'll come up with a game to see who gits it! stay tuned.:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS