Queen Anne Dressing Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
I finished the dressing table or low boy a few days ago. It goes to a local schools annual fund raising auction. Now LOML says she wants one so I've either got to buy this one or build another:BangHead: Its mahogany with a coat of Minwax red mahogany oil stain followed by 3 coats of a 1 lb cut of amber shelac then a toner coat of Minwax chestnut gell stain and 3 coats of Minwax Antique Oil and a coat of wax. It's based on plans in PWW a few issues ago.

032.JPG

View image in gallery

davejones

New User
Dave
Outstanding work as always! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I think I followed the finishing schedule up to the gel stain. Can you elaborate on what this step does? Are you just trying to remove a bit of a cast of a certain color?

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Lookin' Good :icon_thum

Nice job carving the feet.
The trick is to get all four the same :BangHead:

pete

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Very good, Larry. :icon_thum

Those are the rewards for steering clear of a lathe. :widea:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very , very nice work, Larry!!!

Every time you post one of your pieces, I think of Williamsburg and Biltmore.:wsmile: You sure do some wonderful work!!!

(I would give the world to see you work through these wonderful pieces.)

You are certainly inspiring.:wsmile:

Wayne

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Excellent work Larry. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I hope you can afford it. :rotflm:

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Outstanding work as always! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I think I followed the finishing schedule up to the gel stain. Can you elaborate on what this step does? Are you just trying to remove a bit of a cast of a certain color?
Dave, the toner coat gives the finish a little bit of an aged look and knocks down some of the red in the first stain. I got the schedule from one of the New Yankee Workshop episodes. It also evens out the color.

PS thanks guys

Last edited:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Stunning!:icon_thum:icon_thum I like the natural finish. no shine, just a soft warm glow.....:eek:ccasion1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS