Puzzle Tray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Greetings everyone. Some of you may remember the "train tray" I made for my son before Christmas (I don't think I posted any action shots so I've included one below). It has worked out great. It gets a lot of use and it's easy to slide under the bed when it's time to clean up. My daughter has been asking for one for her room that she can use for her newest addiction, puzzles. Here's what I came up with. Nothing fancy, it started out as a a scrap 2x4, a piece of hardboard, and some rattle can paint, but I think it will work just fine! Sorry about the lousy pictures. I always end up just using my phone since I always have it with me and I never know where the camera is. If I ever get around to a big fancy project I'll take proper pictures but I think you'll get the idea....

Travis

Train Tray:
IMG_01505.JPG

View image in gallery

Puzzle Tray:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Nice work Travis! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap And it looks like your clients couldn't be happier. :gar-Bi

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Nice work there, Travis!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Simple, but very functional.

We have one or two of those Brio train sets around here somewhere that my daughters played with for hours on end. The biggest hassle was setup and take down after every play session. This is a great idea for storage between playtimes.

You have inspired me. :icon_thum I will have to "get on the stick" and come up with something like this for our new grand daughter (she is only 5 months old, so I have a little time to get my act together).

My only issue would have been finding space under their beds!!! They sure liked "hiding" stuff under there!:gar-Bi

Puzzles were also usually left set up for weeks on our dining room table.:tinysmile_cry_t::tinysmile_cry_t:

Thanks for sharing your idea and great photo's!

Wayne

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Travis,

What a great idea. I do the occasional jigsaw puzzle and am always in trouble because I'm (always) using the card table that Nancy likes to use for parties and cooks outs. Now, why didn't I think of this project too :eusa_doh:

I have a few scraps of a hardboard with a smooth coating (not sure what) for use as 'whiteboard'... the stuff you use with erasable markers. It should make for a nice surface to slide pieces around. The BORG sells it.

Thanks for sharing a great idea.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Thanks for the kind comments folks! Much appreciated.

Ray: Let me know if you need help finding the pink paint, I can point you in the right direction! :gar-Bi

Travis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors