putting a pic in my thread posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

willarda

New User
Bill Anderson
I read your guide on posting a picture, but it appears that this assumes that the pic is already on the website. I went to "files, links, photos" and uploaded a photo to the member gallery. I got a message that this was uploaded successfully. However, the photo does not appear in the mmeber gallery under my name or under the name of the photo nor does it pop up with a key word search. On top of that, there is no mechanism to link from a thread positing to the member gallery to make a link to that photo (if it existed). Can you clarify how exactly to put the link to a photo on a forum posting?

Last edited by a moderator:

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Hey Bill, checking a few things before I offer some suggestions.

Photo stuff on this site can be challenging at times.

Jim

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Odd, I don't see your username as having a Photo Album. I checked your userid, all the right permissions and settings.

If you will bear with me, lets start from the top.

From any page, click on the Blue "Photo Gallery" tab at the top of the page.

From that page, there will be a box that starts from the left and looks like this:
"My Photos · My Albums · My Favorites"

I'm curious what happens if you start by clicking on "My Photos".

I'm only guessing, but it looks like your ID doesn't have any gallery/albums associated with it, maybe going this path will set one up.

When you upload, there is a page that comes after you hit "Upload/Submit". The follow up page requires you to verify some info, add some values if you wish, then click on the "Process" button.

You can also insert an image that is not hosted on our server. In any message text box, the button that looks sort of like a little envelope will let you insert a link to any image, on our site or off the site.

DaveO wrote this up in an excellent FAQ: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f70/how-post-pictures-updated-delux-fat-free-18006/

Jim

M

McRabbet

I know I'm looking 3 hours after your post, but Willard's Shelf picture is in his Gallery. Easy way to check is to use the Pictures uploaded in the 1 day feature at the top of the Photo Gallery home page.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Thanks Rob, I think we got him going. He needed to do the Process step.

We talked a bit on how to insert an image. I think he's on the happy trail now.

Bill, let us know if you are all set.

Thanks,
Jim

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I suspect you did not upload it to YOUR gallery. I have lost pictures myself like that.

Is this your picture?
wallhung_shelf_13.JPG

Jim, can we change the default upload location to be the member's gallery and not the "general" gallery?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS