Not open for further replies.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/1162118740.html

Cyclone dust collector (Raleigh)

Reply to: sale-qzf7g-1162118740@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-09, 9:31AM EDT

I have a 1.5HP 110/220V cyclone dust collector with huge felt bags which greatly increases air flow and traps more particles far better than the crappy stock bags that come with Delta units.

Includes hoses and clamps.

I no longer have shop space and I need to clear it out of my garage.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the unit and aside from being dusty (duh), it's in perfect condition. I paid about $750-$1000 for all of the equipment.

Why zero cost? Because there's a catch. It's free to any woodworking who is/was a US veteran who has received a combat related purple heart. Just don't show up with a purple heart that you picked up at a garage sale.

Since the equipment isn't set up, I don't have a picture so I borrowed one that I found on the Internet. Mine is in far better condition.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3nd3k93o2ZZZZZZZZZ959be98e64337301f95.jpg

PostingID: 1162118740

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I hope that right person see's that ad and takes him up on it. I think it is a great jesture.

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
That's awsome, It's a great offer. As others on here, I have a great place in my heart for our vets. These guys need all the support and help we can supply. My hat is off to you sir and maybe this will be the start of something big.

being_frank

New User
Frank
I'm the person who's giving away the cyclone DC. I've changed the wording in the ad and loosened up the restrictions, mainly that you don't have to have a Purple Heart. Please click on the craigslist link above for updated info.

The DC is *not* for sale. It will only be given away.

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Frank the way you are doing this is awesome, and I am glad you could join us.
I checked the CraigsList listing again and it seems to be exactly the same as it was yesterday. Maybe it takes a while for an edit to take place :dontknow:

Anyway good for you :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

Rob

New User
Rob
Heck, I'm a vet, Navy, 9 years. But no purple heart, and for that I'm grateful.

being_frank

New User
Frank
I don't think I pressed enough buttons in CL to get the modified listing updated. I pressed another button or two. This time, I cleared my browser's cache and reloaded the ad. It's now showing the modifications.

Thank you for pointing this out to me.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Frank, what an awesome gesture. I commend you on your unselfish gestures to the men and women that have protected us when we needed it. You are one of the true meanings of "Hero". Purple heart or not, you have a huge heart!

being_frank

New User
Frank
I find it unbelievable that I can't find one single qualified person who wants this. I'm getting emails from people who simply want it simply because it's there.

People think if they slap those moronic 'Support Your Troops' bumper stickers, then they've done their part. No, a bumper sticker may make you look good for your neighbors but you haven't done anything for anyone.

Between work and responsibilities after work, I don't have the time to contact the VA.

Yeah, I'm a bit annoyed right now. I just got up and I got another email from some jerk who wants it.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Frank, my best friend's wife is a nurse at the VA clinic in Raleigh. Let me call her tonight and see what we can arrange.

My FIL at 86 still has shrapnel in him from WWII. Purpleheart Vets need to love and respect.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Frank,
Your offer is so great and the right person will come forward. As you well know, you "Hero's" are a proud bunch and there may be someone out there who needs a little nudging to accept.
Please be patient, this is the nicest gesture I've seen in a long time and thank you!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Barbara

tonyps

New User
Tony
You are doing a wonderful thing here!!
Hey, you got a vet here that will gladly take you up on your offer!! What do I need to do for this? Want my first born? Second born?

Tony ...

being_frank

New User
Frank
"What do I need to do for this?"

Simple: Received a PH (finding a PH from a garage sale or falling off of a desk doesn't count)

Although I've expanded the offer to ex-POW's or anyone who has become disabled as result of combat even if they haven't received a PH but my absolute first preference is a PH receipient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS