Project Complete: Twin Beds

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
11/18/2007 UPDATE: Added pics later in the post of project complete pics.

Still going strong on the beds ... figured I'd provide a progress pic or two. Hoping to paint this week!

Don't mind the mess! Gonna clean that up soon! 8-O

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Re: Bed Progress ... WIP w/ Pics

Looking good :icon_thum:icon_thum Are there going to be panels in the head/foot boards? What type of hardware are you using to attach the side rails to the head/foot boards??
Dave:)

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member

Paint? Seems a shame to paint, but you have to do what you have to do. They do look good.

IIRC, these are for kids right?

J

jeff...

Nice looking beds :icon_thum but it would be a shame to paint that pretty American elm.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy

Looking good :icon_thum:icon_thum Are there going to be panels in the head/foot boards? What type of hardware are you using to attach the side rails to the head/foot boards??
Dave:)

Yes, there will be slats running the width of the headboard & footboard. As for attaching the rails, I purchased the hardware mortise/tenon from WC to do that.

As for the paint ... I hate to do it, but the LOML really wants my daughters bedroom furniture to be white. I told her this wouldn't be popular on the WWing forum! :drunken_s

DavidF

New User
David

Looking very nice Jeremy, I know making one bed is a lot of work, two has got to be a long job, especially when it come time to paint. How many hours into them so far?

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
UPDATED: Bed Progress ... WIP w/ Pics

Progress is being made! Working hard to get this done BEFORE Thanksgiving! Here are the pics from tonight. Got the parts painted yesterday (HVLP Spray with Latex) and assembled the headboard and footboard tonight. Definately not perfect, but not bad for a first attempt at beds ...

To recap ... I'm building two twin beds for my daughter's new room (moving her out of the crib to make room for the new addition). These are made of Elm and White Oak, then painted with white latex.

Last month the work began and some dry fits were made to ensure a good fit...

Then more recently everything was prepared for primer & paint ...

Then some primer & paint happened ...

And finally the assembly ...

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy

Looking very nice Jeremy, I know making one bed is a lot of work, two has got to be a long job, especially when it come time to paint. How many hours into them so far?

While I don't track my hours, I think I have about 40 hours in to this project now (maybe more if I could lumber acquisition)

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Re: UPDATED: Bed Progress ... WIP w/ Pics

Lookin' good Jeremy :eusa_danc
I'm sure Heather will love her new bed.

pete

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy

Finished & ready for sleepers!

The twin beds are 99% complete and have been placed in the room for use! WOOHOO!

The only thing left to do is some decorative pieces on the posts and a little paint touch up (both should happen by Tuesday)

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Another project bites the dust - Great job :eusa_danc

So what's next on the list? The kitchen cabinets??? :slap:

pete

nelsone

New User
Ed
Another project bites the dust - Great job :eusa_danc

So what's next on the list? The kitchen cabinets??? :slap:

pete

Looking at all the goodies he just got, I'd say he's planning on something spinny!

They look great Jeremy!

DavidF

New User
David
Really nice Jeremy, great job; I am sure the girls will love them. How was the HVLP with the latex, what needle/jet size did you use?

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member

You moved through those quick! You did a great job on them!

How are you able to get shop time with little ones? I have to sneak out of the house to get shop time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors