Progress on ZCyclone Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitty49

New User
Reid Smith
Thanks for the reply Doug,
You got a fantastic deal!!
Did you hook it up to 7" or 6" piping and reduce to 4" at the machines and have you done any testing on your runs as far as cfm flow.
I'm really looking at the 3.5HP model, my shop is 24' x 28' running a single stage 2Hp bag collector with 6" main reduced to 4" at the machines. In between the main and collector I have a 55 gallon barrel homemade separator which does a fair job collection the chips but the fine dust is getting to be a pain. My longest run is about 30' including the main and drop and I would rather have the extra performance to be able to run multiple machines at once.
Your one of the few I've run across that has the PSI unit , it seems everyone is infatuated with either the Gorilla ( Onieda ) or the Grizzly units but to me the specs are so close it's just seems the 5 year warranty on the PSI is a better purchase and less in price. I even thought of building one of Bill Pentz's design but I think the 5HP unit is overkill and oversized for a small shop.
Any other feed back you can offer will well appreciated.
Thanks again,
Smitty

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
I even thought of building one of Bill Pentz's design but I think the 5HP unit is overkill and oversized for a small shop.

Well, as a Clearvue owner, I'm of the opinion that dust collector systems are a lot like cars and boats. You can't have TOO MUCH horsepower.

Further, you can purchase a smaller impeller and smaller motor and use Bill's design.

Whooosh is a lovely sound.

I LOVE my Clearvue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS