Production Run Christmas Gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Spent a few hours this weekend to get a few last minute Christmas gifts for my co-workers. These are pencil holders and business card holders. Nothing fancy, but I hope they'll be well received.

The wood used is curly maple, quarter-sawn walnut, claro walnut, bubinga, and sapele. The finish is poly/oil blend, and later in the week a wax/oil mix.

P1030466.JPG

View image in gallery

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Jeremy I'm actually a co-worker of yours - I'm the guy they moved down to the basement. Thanks man I'll be sure and use them often

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Wow Jeremy,

Those are some awesome gifts fro co-workers. So, are they 45's on the boxes? I can't tell, either they are so good or you used one solid piece.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
That's really cranking them out!

I'm sure they'll be well received. :thumbs_up

pete

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
The business card holders are made with a solid piece of wood as the mid-section. It started off as a square, then knocked a 35 degree cut off one edge, then used a dado blade to make the slot (for the cards). The ends are simply cut to shape and glued on.

The pencil holders are very simple too. Resawn lumber to 1/4", mitered corners, and the bottom is a piece of maple, 1/8", set in a dado. A little glue and a few rubberbands finishes them up.

So far, I've probably got 5 hours into these with the first coat of finish, and expect another hour or so to wrap them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS