Pricing used Festool equipment

jlimey

Jeff
Corporate Member
Hi all,

I am helping a friend liquidate their shop. This includes several Festool tools in well care for used condition.

My question is what % of the new price would people expect to pay for used Festool?

Any insight is appreciated.

Jeff

Echd

C
User
I have personally seen- and paid- around 80% of new, but those items were in excellent condition.

Bear in mind if your items are available from FestoolRecon their prices are always 80% new, but they also include a warranty of one year. If you hate the government as I do, not paying tax on a private purchase may tip the balance, as depending on the value of the items tax may be considerable.

So for high value and in demand items 80% is a good starting point and festool themselves seem to recognize that, but if it is less desirable or in less common use you may expect to negotiate lower. I assume festool must have a hard time selling their Carvexes at 80% as they are always on sale, for instance... in comparison you will only see dominos and midi extractors infrequently and for very short periods on their secondhand site.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
It depends on the tool. A TS75 track saw can draw 90% or more as they are very hard to find. Same for the 1400 router. However, if they are older (like mine) Festool's newer models have a lot more features and improvements so mine are probably not worth 90%.

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
I don't know what others would pay but my general rule for buying used tools like that is if I can't get it for 2/3 of new price or less then I will just buy the new one.

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
Depends on the tool but I think 75% is about right.

I have an HK circular saw I can‘t give away……

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS