Prayers for TracyP (Update 8/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

02ranger

New User
Matthew
Hello all, as some of you may remember I am TracyP's son. On Saturday around 12:30PM my dad suffered a heart attack. He was on the phone with my stepmother/his wife (Kathy) and began complaining of heartburn and heavy limbs. She told him to get ready and wait for me, that I was going to take him to the hospital. She wasn't home at the time and he will never get on an ambulance when he's conscious, he would have likely told them he was fine. I was just upstairs and she immediately called me after hanging up with my dad and asked me to get ready and take him to the hospital. By the time I got off of the phone with her and could throw on some shoes and get downstairs, he was unresponsive and not breathing. I called 911 and began CPR, so from the time he got off the phone with Kathy until compressions started was maybe 5-8 minutes. EMS arrived and they worked on him for nearly half an hour before finally getting a pulse back. He was taken to Rowan Medical Center in Salisbury and is in the CCU right now.

They said that he had actually had a minor heart attack due to 3 blockages, but he was still unconscious. They cooled his body temperature to around 95 degrees on Saturday afternoon to minimize damage done to the heart and brain and kept him sedated for the duration of the cooling protocol. On Sunday evening they began rewarming him and by Monday around noon had him off of all sedatives, pain medication, and nearly off of all the blood pressure medications they were using to keep his BP up. He began opening his eyes some time after the last of the painkillers were removed but he still was not really conscious. They've also been working to wean him from the ventilator. At the time of this post he is entirely off of all medications except for antibiotics and heparain (blood thinner). His BP and pulse are remaining stable on their own, and he is getting roughly half the assistance from the ventilator that he had originally and they are continually decreasing the ventilator. He still has some fluid on his lungs but they said they are seeing some slight improvements on that and once they get the ventilator down low enough he should start getting rid of the fluid more easily. He is still not really conscious but he has had his eyes open almost as much as closed today and Kathy and I both feel like he's tried to move his hands, and we've definitely seen him move his foot, so he is continuing to improve. The neurologist said he didn't think it was likely he had global brain damage but may have localized damage in one or more areas due to lack of oxygen during the heart attack. He's ordered an MRI to get a better look at possible damage as well as the swelling he still has on his brain. The good news about the localized damage over global damage is with localized damage there's a chance that his brain can adapt to whatever damage he may have.

Just a few minutes before submitting this post I asked him to move his leg and he raised it a couple inches off the bed right after I asked. A few minutes later he raised both legs and we could feel him pressing down with his arms. He's getting better all the time! He still has a lot ahead of him but these are all great signs! He has great doctors and nurses here but if there's anybody that can heal him it's God, and I truly believe he's doing just that. We would still greatly appreciate any prayers you would be willing to say for him. You can never pray too much!

If you have anything you'd like me to pass along to him I will be happy to do so. I'm sorry that it took me so long to let you all know, but today is really the first day I've felt positive enough about his prospects for recovery that I thought I could post anything...

Mods: If this is not in the correct forum, please feel free to move it. I thought User Announcements would be best, but I'm not really active here and very well could have put it in the wrong place...

UPDATES:

Thursday's update (8/18) -- click here to jump to update post

Sunday's update (8/21) -- click here to jump to updated thread

Notice of passing (8/22) -- click here to jump to updated thread

Matt's update on Tracy's final day (8/22) -- click here to jump to update post

Funeral Arrangements Announcement (8/23) -- click here to jump to updated thread

Last edited by a moderator:

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Re: Prayers for TracyP

Please extend my heartfelt best wishes for a speedy recovery to Tracy -- we all wish him well. He'll be in my thoughts during this ordeal.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member

Prayers sent and thank you for keeping us informed.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. wishing you all the very best of outcomes.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member

Prayers from here. Please kept us informed and ask him to listen to the dr's

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff

Prayers sent... May our Lord Jesus Christ heal him quickly and may his grace be upon you and your family.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member

Matthew, my prayers go out for your father and your family. Keep firm in your faith that we are all here to serve a higher purpose.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member

Wishing Tracy all the best and will pray for a speedy recovery.

Wayne

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member

Matthew, thank you for letting us all know about your Dad. He has many, many friends here, and is much loved and respected. Please keep us informed as he progresses along his recovery.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member

Please share with Tracy we are all thinking of him and our prayers are with you and your family. Jim

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member

He is one of the people we depend on to keep us going forward. We need to do all we can to support him in this time of need.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help, Our support has no bounds.

This is a true tragedy to our diverse but somewhat close group. I truly feel the pain of a valued member suffering.

ehpoole

Ethan

Not at all the sort of news I was looking for, much less expecting, this morning! Just know that your dad has a lot of good friends thinking of him and wishing him well on this difficult journey. Please keep us updated on his progress -- his absence will be very much noticed as one of our most active admins as well as a friend to all and he is an indispensable part of this site. We are diminished in his absence so he must get well soon, our collective love demands it (or we pray it does)!

Please let Tracy know that we are all praying for a full recovery and a return to health. The family is similarly in our thoughts as many of us have been in your position over the years and we know how hard it is to see a loved one in this difficult position, just know that your love for him and encouragement is one of the most powerful forces to help him through this and get him through the rehab afterwards. Take good care of him for us and yourself, and family, as well as you are one another's greatest source of strength.

But please update us from time to time when you have a chance as he really has been my right-hand man over the years doing quite a lot to help me out with this site, so his absence will be noticed in more ways than one by all of us. At the same time, if his thoughts should turn to his admin duties here, please reassure him that others will step up to get things done in the interim until he is feeling well enough to return at his own pace, his health and family must come first for the time being. And if you ever need a stranger to talk to at any time, just PM me for contact details and I would be more than happy to be that stranger.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member

Matthew thank you for letting us know. Assure Tracy that he, his family, and his caregivers are all being lifted up in prayer by many friends on this site.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member

Lifting prayers for your Dad. May the Lord's hand be upon Tracy to give him healing, comfort, peace, and joy, according to His will. God bless you and your entire family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS