PPW: Tool Rack

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatButler

New User
Bryan
This is a tool rack from PWW's I Can Do That. http://www.popularwoodworking.com/article/i-can-do-that-tool-rack (You may have to register for free to view article)

Sorry, the pic was from a cheap cellphone cam. I really need some more space over my workbench and this is great, it gives me access to my saws and chisels, plus I can put my lighter planes on the shelf. Since it is a beginners project, it is fairly simple to make, although if I did it over, I wouldn't use the cheap white pine from HD. As usual, no electrons were harmed making this project.

IMG_20110501_094256-1.jpg

View image in gallery

CatButler

New User
Bryan
Actually its a Marples I bought from a Ebay seller in the UK. It could have been used as the design for the TWW one. I retro fitted it a bit to use the TWW blades and handles, but sometimes I think I should just retire it and make a new one. It's pretty solid, I think its beech, but sometimes I worry it will break when I'm tightening up the blade or cutting something pretty difficult. So far, I've only broken a blade and the twine. I did use it to cut the curves on the shelf, but I still need some practice.

eyekode

New User
Salem
Although I have nothing to compare it to I really like the hardware from TFWW. I will post thread soon on my build.
Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS