Posting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchwood

New User
Don
I've finally mastered inserting pics from the gallery into my posts..but can't figure out how to space them apart and put text in between them. I can't even add a closing comment or two..the cursor won't take up a position below the last pic...and once I get those little squares surrounding the picture, I'm really in a mess..ie. delete picture and re-insert.:dontknow:

I'm obviously computer-challenged but I can follow directions once given.

Thanks in advance.:notworthy:

Don

M

McRabbet

Don, if you are using the method described by DaveO in the "How to Post Pictures" FAQ, then you should be able to add text (including spaces) between thumbnails or larger pictures. If you want to add text after the last picture, just cursor down in the edit window and then press your "End" key. Next, press the Enter key to add a carriage return and continue adding text. I prefer to use the "BBCode Links" style of picture entry versus "Direct Links" using the
insertimage.gif
icon. With the BBCode Links, you simply cut the picture link and paste it into your post; it will stay as the code packet until you preview or submit the post. I just add spaces between thumbnails or pictures in their code form, being careful not to alter the code. That way it is easy to add your text comments and then preview to be sure it is like you want it.

You can set your default Picture Link style by going to Your Control Panel and Editing Your Details -- the change in your Picture defaul is at the very bottom of the section.

Hope this helps.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Don, try this:
create a post
type a line of 'something'
press ENTER twice
insert a pic (look closely at the bottom RH corner of the pic...) You'll see a |
press ENTER twice (see the | goes down)
insert another pic
see the | in the lower RH corner?
There ya' go! Roger, dodger, six, two and even....

Touchwood

New User
Don
Joe, Rob,

Thanks for all your help. I think I've got it figured out...but I think you've opened Pandora's box:gar-La;

See my latest post re: Partner Desk. :icon_cheers

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS