Porch table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cato

New User
Bob
Here is a small table I made out of scrap walnut and white oak for the screen porch.
P1010134.jpg

My first time trying out the taper jig I have had forever but never used. I should stop at small tables since it is so time consuming for me.

I finished it with amber shellac and then a couple coats of spar urethane since it will be outside.

Next on my project list is a picture frame my wife wants made, and think I may try my hand at some small boxes.

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
Table is tooo nice to put outdoors plus I haven't seen any scrap walnut.Table looks great,finish too.
Tony

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Very nice table, love the wood combination. What did you use for the joinery?

bwat

New User
Bill
Very nice! :icon_thum You can't go wrong with this classis wood combination. So, another end table and a coffee table next to fill the porch?

Cato

New User
Bob
Thanks for the nice comments guys. I have seen the work you fellas do, and mine is like starter stuff comparatively, but my wife was pleased so thats what counts.

Correction, I guess I should have said left over oak and walnut from a couple of other projects.

Just trying to use up some wood that I have before I go get more.

Splint- the taper jig was fairly easy to use. I cut a piece of 2x material same size as the legs for set up, and then marked where I wanted to start the taper and set the jig for how much I wanted to remove and then tapered the two inside edges. I mortised the legs first and then tapered.

Bas-I cut mortise and tenons on the router table. I also put a small brace behind each leg that was 45'd to the apron and attached with brad nailer. Top was fastened with counter sunk brass screws through those leg braces.

Joinery takes some time for me to learn, but gradually I am starting to see some better fits.

lbtripp

New User
Lyell
Bob,

Nicely done. I too like the combination of wood species. Keep up the good work and next project post some WIP photos. Thanks for sharing. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Lyell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS