Popular Woodworking mag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Does anyone have any comments about this magazine? I got an offer in the mail yesterday where I can get two year subscription for one - any thoughts

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
It's my #2 fav, after their sister mag Woodworking Magazine.

Just this morning, they announced a combining of both mags into a new larger version. They will honor any subscriptions after the merge, lest they have a bunch of sawdust covered madmen with sharp tools at their doorstep :)

They have done what I consider, to be a great job of pulling back from the endless series of "what tablesaw should I buy" and "how to hand cut dovetails" I found in other mags.

Many of their articles are more in depth on a tool or technique. They also explore varied topics like ascetics, design and sometimes boomerangs!

They have a pretty great blog on their website, you might enjoy reading through some of their posts to get a feel for their staff.

Jim

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
It's my #2 fav, after their sister mag Woodworking Magazine.

Just this morning, they announced a combining of both mags into a new larger version. They will honor any subscriptions after the merge, lest they have a bunch of sawdust covered madmen with sharp tools at their doorstep :)

They have done what I consider, to be a great job of pulling back from the endless series of "what tablesaw should I buy" and "how to hand cut dovetails" I found in other mags.

Many of their articles are more in depth on a tool or technique. They also explore varied topics like ascetics, design and sometimes boomerangs!

They have a pretty great blog on their website, you might enjoy reading through some of their posts to get a feel for their staff.

Jim

I think my wife got me a subscription to one of these for Christmas. :eusa_thin Sounds like a two for one to me! :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc :gar-La;

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
The magazine is OK. Not the best but OK. Look at it this way. You are paying $8.00 per year at that price. I am sure you will get at least one tip, idea, plan, etc to make it worth while.

dpsnyder

New User
Dan
anyone have a copy of that offer they are not using? I was just looking for a new WW magazine subscription and that sounds like a good deal.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors