Point tool from old screwdriver

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
Had an old #4 Phillips screwdriver that I wanted to make into a point tool. Someone else used used a flare nut to give the three registration surfaces for grinding and it worked perfectly. Turned away the old varnish and used friction polish for a new look.
IMG_4878.jpeg

IMG_4880.jpeg

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Flare nuts are essentially a gas to plumbing part. It looks like he turned the handle front end until it was the right diameter and probably cut at a slight conical shape to thread on. Really smart idea to use the nut as a simple register face.

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
Flare nuts are essentially a gas to plumbing part. It looks like he turned the handle front end until it was the right diameter and probably cut at a slight conical shape to thread on. Really smart idea to use the nut as a simple register face.
I was luckier. I knocked off the conical sleeve from the screwdriver handle and the existing wood underneath was the just right size to thread the flare nut on.

Agree with the smartness of the flare nut idea and methinks I got it from some turner on YewTube.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS